TOPIC: THE LIFE OF CHRIST
TEXT: 1 John 1:1-9(NKJV)
1. That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life —
2. the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the Father and was manifested to us —
3. that which we have seen and heard we declare to you, that you also may have fellowship with us; and truly our fellowship [is] with the Father and with His Son Jesus Christ.
4. And these things we write to you that your joy may be full.
5. This is the message which we have heard from Him and declare to you, that God is light and in Him is no darkness at all.
6. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth.
7. But if we walk in the light as He is in the light, we have fellowship with one another, and the blood of Jesus Christ His Son cleanses us from all sin.
8. If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
The apostle John describes himself as an eyewitness of Jesus Christ, having lived and walked with Jesus as well as heard from him. Because of his encounter with Jesus, he tells us what lifestyle in Christ looks like. There is a walk (life) and a lifestyle that results from the new birth.
We are to walk in the light – living under the controlling desire for God instead of the world – seeing things the way God sees them and sharing His values, fellowshipping with God and other believers. Any claim to be without sin is self-deception and blasphemy, but there is assurance of cleansing by the Blood of Jesus so that in the end, we will stand pure and sinless before God. Have you encountered Christ in your life? What is your testimony?
Nobody who encounters Jesus is without a testimony. If you don’t have any testimony, it may well be that you haven’t been to Christ yet. But you have the opportunity of doing so today – now! Believe and receive the Lord Jesus and walk in the light He gives. If you have already done this, let the evidence be seen in your life and be heard from your lips.
PRAYER: Father, grant me a fresh beginning with you and help me to live daily in your presence everyday of my life. Amen.