TOPIC: God’s Greatest And Final Word
READ: Hebrews 1:1-12(NKJV)
1. God, who at various times and in various ways spoke in time past to the fathers by the prophets,
2. has in these last days spoken to us by [His] Son, whom He has appointed heir of all things, through whom also He made the worlds;
3. who being the brightness of [His] glory and the express image of His person, and upholding all things by the word of His power, when He had by Himself purged our sins, sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high,
4. having become so much better than the angels, as He has by inheritance obtained a more excellent name than they.
5. For to which of the angels did He ever say: “You are My Son, Today I have begotten You”? And again: “I will be to Him a Father, And He shall be to Me a Son”?
6. But when He again brings the firstborn into the world, He says: “Let all the angels of God worship Him.”
7. And of the angels He says: “Who makes His angels spirits And His ministers a flame of fire.”
8. But to the Son [He says:] “Your throne, O God, [is] forever and ever; A scepter of righteousness [is] the scepter of Your Kingdom.
9. You have loved righteousness and hated lawlessness; Therefore God, Your God, has anointed You With the oil of gladness more than Your companions.”
10. And: “You, LORD, in the beginning laid the foundation of the earth, And the heavens are the work of Your hands.
11. They will perish, but You remain; And they will all grow old like a garment;
12. Like a cloak You will fold them up, And they will be changed. But You are the same, And Your years will not fail.”
God, in the past, used dreams, visions and direct words to communicate with people. But these did not help people to understand His heart and plan well. Rather than give up, God chose to reveal Himself in the best way through Jesus Christ – to bring His message to us! Jesus did not only proclaim God’s message but He is God’s message. He is God’s new and better way of communication. He is God’s love made visible for us. God became one of us and lived our life – so that his communication would be understood by us. The message is that God loves the world and wants people saved from their sins through Jesus the Son of God! That’s what His birth speaks to us today! The greatest of all gifts at Christmas is the gift of God’s Son – communicating God’s love to us. If Jesus came as God’s expression of His love and plan for us, then to reject Jesus and His message is to reject the Father. But when you welcome Him into your heart and live with Him at the center of your daily life, you receive the one Christmas gift, which will never wear out, but will last through out your earthly life and in eternity. Merry Christmas!
PRAYER: Lord, thank You for coming down to us. Help us to receive, believe and appreciate Your message by surrendering to you this day. Amen.