ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL MONDAY 27TH FEBRUARY 2023 (URGED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT) FREE
ANGLICAN COMMUNION DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY.
TOPIC: URGED BY THE HOLY SPIRIT”
TEXT: Mark 1:1-21(NKJV)
1. The beginning of the gospel of Jesus Christ, the Son of God.
2. As it is written in the Prophets: “Behold, I send My messenger before Your face, Who will prepare Your way before You.”
3. “The voice of one crying in the wilderness: ‘ Prepare the way of the LORD; Make His paths straight.’ ”
4. John came baptizing in the wilderness and preaching a baptism of repentance for the remission of sins.
5. Then all the land of Judea, and those from Jerusalem, went out to him and were all baptized by him in the Jordan River, confessing their sins.
6. Now John was clothed with camel’s hair and with a leather belt around his waist, and he ate locusts and wild honey.
7. And he preached, saying, “There comes One after me who is mightier than I, whose sandal strap I am not worthy to stoop down and loose.
8. “I indeed baptized you with water, but He will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.”
9. It came to pass in those days [that] Jesus came from Nazareth of Galilee, and was baptized by John in the Jordan.
10. And immediately, coming up from the water, He saw the heavens parting and the Spirit descending upon Him like a dove.
11. Then a voice came from heaven, “You are My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
12. Immediately the Spirit drove Him into the wilderness.
13. And He was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted by Satan, and was with the wild beasts; and the angels ministered to Him.
14. Now after John was put in prison, Jesus came to Galilee, preaching the gospel of the kingdom of God,
15.And saying, “The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel.”
16. And as He walked by the Sea of Galilee, He saw Simon and Andrew his brother casting a net into the sea; for they were fishermen.
17. Then Jesus said to them, “Follow Me, and I will make you become fishers of men.”
18. They immediately left their nets and followed Him.
19. When He had gone a little farther from there, He saw James the [son] of Zebedee, and John his brother, who also [were] in the boat mending their nets.
20. And immediately He called them, and they left their father Zebedee in the boat with the hired servants, and went after Him.
21. Then they went into Capernaum, and immediately on the Sabbath He entered the synagogue and taught.
ANGLICAN DAILY FOUNTAIN DEVOTIONAL OUTLINE FOR 27TH FEBRUARY 2023.
After the baptism of Jesus by John, Jesus saw an open heaven and the Holy Spirit descending on Him.
There was an open declaration by Heaven as to who Jesus is. Immediately after this “advertisement,
the Holy Spirit led Jesus into the wilderness where He stayed for forty days and nights.
Satan did not know the purpose for Jesus’ wilderness experience so he thought he could trick Jesus into obedience.
The wilderness is a place for preparation devoid of distractions.
Though Jesus is divine, he became human when he came to the earth.
He therefore needed to be adequately prepared.
The Holy Spirit needed to give Jesus the blueprint of what he came to do – TO RECONCILE ALL MEN unto God.
Jesus would achieve that within the short period of His assignment by raising a team of men whom He would teach and disciple to continue the work after Him.
Jesus grasped this teaching/training by the Holy Spirit and launched out in power.
As soon as Jesus called His disciples, they left everything and immediately followed Him.
May the Holy Spirit urge you and fully prepare you for that ministry/work to which God has called you to go and manifest.
PRAYER: Dear Father, may your Spirit urge me into a closer relationship with you.
The Anglican Communion is the fourth-largest Christian denomination. Founded in 1867 in London, England, the communion currently has 85 million members within the Church of England and other national and regional churches in full communion.
Leave a Reply