ANGLICAN DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 14, 2022 ( BEWARE OF DECEPTION)
TOPIC: BEWARE OF DECEPTION
TEXT: Romans 16:17-27(NKJV)
17. Now I urge you, brethren, note those who cause divisions and offenses, contrary to the doctrine which you learned, and avoid them.
18. For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.
19. For your obedience has become known to all. Therefore I am glad on your behalf; but I want you to be wise in what is good, and simple concerning evil.
20. And the God of peace will crush Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you. Amen.
21. Timothy, my fellow worker, and Lucius, Jason, and Sosipater, my countrymen, greet you.
22. I, Tertius, who wrote [this] epistle, greet you in the Lord.
23. Gaius, my host and [the host] of the whole church, greets you. Erastus, the treasurer of the city, greets you, and Quartus, a brother.
24. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen.
25. Now to Him who is able to establish you according to my gospel and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery kept secret since the world began
26. but now has been made manifest, and by the prophetic Scriptures has been made known to all nations, according to the commandment of the everlasting God, for obedience to the faith —
27. to God, alone wise, [be] glory through Jesus Christ forever. Amen.
STUDY: From today’s passage, it is clear that Paul had laboured seriously sharing the gospel of truth with Christians at Rome. Subsequently, he warned them particularly to hold fast to the truth and protect it at all costs. He knew that some would come after to cause confusion and division in the church. His warning was that they should not accept any doctrine contrary to the teachings they had received from him. Paul also encouraged them to avoid any form of argument that could take away truth from the Church.
Today, the world is full of so many ungodly teachings; preachers who sugar-coat the truth of the gospel are much around us. Presently, the church is dwelling among those who can easily cause confusion and division among the brethren. It is our responsibility to watch out and be alert to all happenings around us and as a Church. Let us hold on to nothing but the truth about the gospel of Jesus Christ our Saviour.
PRAYER: Heavenly Father, guide and protect your Church from all forms of deception, through Jesus Christ our Lord. Amen
Anglican Daily Fountain 14 October 2022 Friday | Beware of Deception