TOPIC: TRUE PROPHETS ARE SCARCE!
OPENING PRAYER: Lord, I pray that you lead me into your truth as I meditate on your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: 1 Kings 22:1-12
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
One more sign of evil times is that the voice of truth, and the proclaimers of the true messages from God are the unheard minority. What can we learn from the utterances of Jehoshaphat so far from the passage (read vs.4, 5, and 7)? What is good and what is bad in his statements?
Over the past 22 years of his reign, Ahab should have demonstrated enough of his evil behaviour for Jehoshaphat to be weary of partnering with him (v.4). Jehoshaphat however did well by asking to know God’s mind on the planned invasion to reclaim Ramoth-Gilead and for discerning the voices of the 400 praise-singing false prophets with whom Ahab surrounded himself. In times of evil, ungodly messages abound.
False teachers who act religiously but reject the power that could make them godly (2 Timothy 3:5, NLT) often dominate the media. Do you have examples of such proclaimers of false doctrines around you today? The only solution to this is fearless proclamation of the truth. What other good example do we learn from Jehoshaphat from v.8? May God grant us good and courageous rulers like Jehoshaphat who can gently rebuke fellow rulers (v.8b).
• And So? One feature of the evil times is that the true Word of God becomes scarce.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Pray for grace to stand for God in all area of life and never compromise your faith for fear of man.
• Pray for political leaders to know that power belongs to God and, therefore, be willing to work for and uphold free and fair electoral processes and systems.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Judges 4-6; John 3: 1-18
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 8 September 2021 – True Prophets Are Scarce! God bless you!