TOPIC: THE COMING OF THE SIN OF MAN
OPENING PRAYER: Help me to understand the exceeding greatness of your power as I read through this passage, dear Lord.
Scripture: Matthew 24:23-31
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• Is there any other Biblical passage that can help me understand this passage better?
Yesterday, we saw how distressing the days signalling the coming of the Son of Man will be. There is more in today’s passage. Let us examine these together: Vs.23-26: appearance of false messiahs and false prophets: Notice the repetition and emphasis in vs.23,24 and 26. Why do you think false messiahs and prophets will appear? What will be their intention (v.24)? Looking at the world today, to what extent do you think this is manifested? Notice the advice believers are given on this matter, “do not believe it” (v.23, 26), “do not go out” (v.26).
This is important because false messiahs and prophets will be visible and identifiable (Look, here he is, or there he is) as well as located in actual places (in the wilderness, in the inner rooms). They will attempt in every way to counterfeit the Son of Man. Vs.27-31: appearance of the Son of Man: What will characterize His coming? ? Clarity and visibility – just as the lightning that comes from the east is visible in the west. ? Cosmic changes – darkening of the sun, moon failing to give light, stars falling from the sky and shaking of heavenly bodies. See vs.30-31 for other signs.
• And so? The coming of the Son of Man is certain. How prepared are you?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thank you, Jesus, that you are coming back for your people. Maranatha!
• Pray against the spiritual strongholds militating against peace and unity in Nigeria
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Lam. 3-5; John 6:45-71
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 16 September 2021 – The Coming of The Son of Man. God bless you!