TOPIC: SIGNS OF THE END OF THE AGE
OPENING PRAYER: Let me know more of you today dear Lord as I meditate on your word.
SCRIPTURE: Matthew 24:1-14
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any command for me to obey?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Notice the contrast between the disciples’ question and Jesus’ answer. What did His answer trigger in the disciples’ mind (v.3)? In these last days, we need vigilance. “Watch out” (v.4). The most subtle deception will not come from other religions or ideologies. It will be from people who claim to be Christians, who come in Jesus’s name (v.5). We have today the problem of many Christian sects and cults.
Other evils that will mark the end time are wars, famines (poor economy) and earthquakes (natural calamities). These examples do not exhaust the list (v.8). Note v.6b for a strong encouragement. Certain things will happen to the church (vs.9-13). Severe persecution will lead to the death of some believers and the falling away of many others. There are some who will stay on but with no zeal or love for the things of God (v.12). Amid all these, believers are called to do two things:
1. Endure (or stand firm) to the end (v.13). This is the only way we can continue to keep our salvation. 2. Preach the gospel in the entire world as a witness to all the nations. This is what will usher in the end.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Heavenly father, help me stand firm to the end.
• Pray for the Church to spend money in a way that will best honour God.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Judges 19-21; John 6:1-21
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 14 September 2021 – Signs of The End of The Age. God bless you!