TOPIC: No More Sacrifice
Opening Prayer: Open my eyes O Lord that I might behold wondrous things from your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: Hebrews 9:11-22
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any promise for me to believe or hope for? • What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Some Christian groups still believe in the sacrifice of animals for cleansing or protection. What do you think of such a belief in the light of today’s passage? Christ, the perfect High Priest, offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for our sins once and for all.
By that sacrifice, Christ obtained for us an eternal redemption and rendered all other sacrifices needless (vs.11-12). Therefore, anyone who claims to be a Christian but still engages in any form of sacrifice is negating the ministry of Christ. What is the significance of the new covenant in the lives of believers (vs.13-15)?
Just as the old covenant and its regulations were sealed with blood (vs.20-22) so also does the blood of Jesus seal the new covenant and makes all its promises effective in the lives of believers (vs.16-17). All we need do to enjoy the benefits of the new covenant is to believe in the finished work of Christ. However, we also need to demonstrate that we appreciate what Christ has done for us by living for Him alone (2 Corinthians 5:15)?
• So What? Nothing else can augment Christ’s perfect sacrifice for our sins. Have you appropriated the redemption purchased by His blood in your life?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Thank Him for His great love. • Thank God and pray for Scripture Union (SU), Children Evangelism Ministry (CEM) and other specialized ministries to Children and youths.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Kings 10-11; Matt. 8:18-34
Scripture Union Daily Guide 16th May 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.