TOPIC: I Will Seek the Lord, My Refuge
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, I request that you help me to encounter you as I meditate on your word.
Scripture: Psalm 142:1-7
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit? • Is there any prayer for me to remember?
Like many of us, the psalmist had his deep personal pain, known only to the One who searches the heart and can deliver. David found himself in the cave. He was disowned, deserted and disappointed by his friends. In addition to this, he was surrounded by enemies. He had nowhere to run to. What did he do in the cave (vs.5-7)? Can you imagine a deep prayer for protection and deliverance when in such a situation? That may just be the kind that the Bible refers to in Romans 8:26 where the Spirit intercedes with groanings that cannot be uttered. What were some of the challenges facing David (vs.3-4, 6)?
David was however certain he could always find deliverance in God, hence his heartfelt cry to Him. When your walk with God is intimate, no danger will make you a prisoner to fear and despair. We are never just one in a crowd but uniquely dear to God (Matthew 10:28-31). In whatever ‘cave’ we may find ourselves, let us trust in the Lord and cry to Him. He will deliver us.
• And So: Meditate on Deuteronomy 31:6 and thank the Lord for His promise.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Then, use v.5 as your prayer today. • Pray that God will help you to have a deeper love for others, like Jesus who so loved us and gave His life for us.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• 1 Kings 1-2; Matt. 6:1-18
Scripture Union Daily Guide 12th May 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.