TOPIC: The Old Order Gave Way to the New
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, make me more like you through the power of your word as I meditate on it.
Scripture: 1 Chronicles 29:20-30
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
After King David offered prayers of thanksgiving, all the people of Israel observed a feast to celebrate peaceful transition of power to Solomon. In Jewish tradition, burnt offerings were completely burnt and not eaten, whereas the people consumed other sacrifices and drink offerings (vs.21-22).
Note that all of Israel acknowledged Solomon as King (vs.23-24) as part of the special blessings the Lord bestowed on the young King (v.25). Only a summary of the blessings is reported here. Meditate on the blessings we all share as believers in Christ (Ephesians 1:3-7).
We end the book of 1 Chronicles with a summary of the achievements of King David before his death. What are the major successes during his reign as recorded elsewhere in the Bible? Do you keep a record of major events in your life what God has done for you? Note that King David was not without fault, but God used him mightily and, at the end, ensured a flawless transition.
• Reflection: Reflect on the life of David and think of what God could do with you if you yield your life completely to Him.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, remind me to count my blessings one by one and give thanks for them. • Thank God for the huge impact of the Bible on human souls and the power in it to transform lives.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Hosea 12-14; Matt. 20:1-16