TOPIC: NO ONE TO STAND IN THE GAP!
OPENING PRAYER: Help me dear Lord to meet with you as I meditate on your word in Jesus name
SCRIPTURE: Ezekiel 22:17-31
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
God’s judgment on His people would be like a fiery blast upon melted iron. When precious metals are passed through intense fire to remove their impurities, the dross (the impurities) which comes to the top of the molten metal is skimmed off and thrown away. The purpose of invasion of Jerusalem was to refine the people, but the refining process showed that the people shall be skimmed away like the worthless part of the melted metal (vs.17-22). Sadly though, God could find no one who made a difference to prevent this process.
Jerusalem’s wickedness extended to people in all sectors of society (vs.23-29). Even the prophets were no exception. They were very deceptive, claiming to have a word from God when they had not heard from Him. Vs.30-31 should be given a thought. God, being so gracious, wanted at least one representative who would ‘stand in the gap’ and intercede to ward off His fiery anger. But, oh dear, He found none. So, they had to suffer the consequence of their wickedness. What a tragedy!
• So: Would you enlist afresh to intercede on behalf of your country and continent today so God’s judgment upon her may be averted?
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Start doing that right away.
• Ask the Lord of grace for greater success in the coming week than in the passing week.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Ezek. 16-17; John 11 :30-57
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 26 September 2021 | No One To Stand In The Gap!