Topic: Chosen instrument
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, grant me understanding and illumination as I ponder on your word in Jesus name.
Scripture: Acts 9:10-19a
Question(s) for Reflection
• What does the passage teach about God the Father, God the Son or God the Holy Spirit?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Do you realize that in saving you, God chose you as an instrument to fulfil a particular role in taking His message to the unsaved? Think again! So how far have you gone in fulfilling the specific reason God chose you? God is a master planner, controlling all happenings among men.
Notice the divine planning and timing – God showed Saul a vision of Ananias coming to lay hands on him to receive his sight; then He spoke to Ananias to go to a specific home address to lay hands on Saul. Ananias protested based on his knowledge of the old (pre-encounter) life of Saul.
But reassured by God that Saul had been transformed and had a specific ministry to fulfil, he obeyed God’s instruction and found everything He told him to be true. Do you remember any similar divine arrangements in your life?
Go over it and glorify God. Also, we must learn to give new believers a chance and not relate with them based on our knowledge of their old life. This is more so when the believer was a notoriously evil person.
• And so: Ensure that whatever your ministry is, it culminates in taking the gospel to the unsaved.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Father, please show me why you chose me and help me to fulfil my ministry.
• Thank God and pray for Scripture Union (SU), Children Evangelism Ministry (CEM) and other specialized ministries to Children and youths.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Psalm 34:4; Ezek. 33-34; John 16
Scripture Union Daily Guide 3 October 2021. Scripture Union is an international, inter-denominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God