SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY DEVOTIONAL NOVEMBER 21, 2021 (GOOD PLANNING AND MOBILIZATION)
TOPIC: GOOD PLANNING AND MOBILIZATION
OPENING PRAYER: Open my eyes O Lord that I might behold wondrous things from your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: Nehemiah 2:11-20
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
Nehemiah first ensured he had a clear vision of what he should do. The information he received in Susa needed to be confirmed and a thorough assessment of the task ahead carried out. Notice the few people he involved in this exercise. It is sometimes important that we keep our initial vision to a few people. Too many cooks, they say, spoil the broth – the vision (v.12). With thorough assessment, he could put a plan of action together and only then did he attempt to enthuse others to join in the building project (v.17).
Notice how his testimony encouraged people to buy into the vision (v.18). As we noted yesterday, the task ahead continues to face increased opposition. They were two initially but now the enemy camp has grown to three powerful men. What two strands of attack do we see in v.19 and what was Nehemiah’s effective response to each of them (v.20)? We must never allow ridicule and belittling to dissuade us from doing God’s work. It is God who empowers and grants success.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Dear Lord, please give us leaders who plan wisely and who rely on your wisdom in all that they do.
• Pray for Christian Ministries that either provide free Bibles or are involved in Bible translation into ethnic languages such as Gideon International, Bible Society of Nigeria, etc.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• 2 Chron. 1-3; Luke 5:1-16
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Daily Guide | Good Planning and Mobilization