TOPIC: CONSEQUENCES OF FORGETTING GOD!
OPENING PRAYER: Open my eyes O Lord that I might behold wondrous things from your word in Jesus name.
SCRIPTURE: Ezekiel 23:22-35
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any warning for me to heed?
The people in the Southern Kingdom had many opportunities on their side. They had the palace of David, Solomon’s Temple and the priesthood. They also had the records of the evil that happened to the people of the Northern Kingdom for over 120 years.
They had every reason to behave better towards God and heed the warnings He gave through His prophets. But they walked away from all these to lust after the foreign powers and their gods. Therefore, God brought upon them the judgment their deeds deserved.
Their allies became, “the rod of my (God’s) anger,” bringing down His wrath upon the land and the people (Isaiah 10:5). Read vs.22-27 again for the vivid accounts of what the people of Jerusalem went through in the hands of their tormentors. They were stripped naked of all their precious jewels, and everything they laboured for (vs.28-29). God continued to remind them that it was their deeds that brought all the evils upon them (vs.30-31). Read and meditate on the short poem Ezekiel inserted in this prophecy (vs.32-34).
• And So? Deliberate disobedience and unfaithfulness on our part will attract the Lord’s judgment (Romans 6:23) – a warning for us.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Lord, deliver us from the folly of putting our trust in human beings who cannot save us from your wrath.
• Pray for CAPRO, CMF and other missionary organizations for provisions and fruitful missions.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Ezek. 20-21; John 12:27-50
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 28 September 2021 | Consequences of Forgetting God!