TOPIC: LIFE’S PUZZLES!
OPENING PRAYER: Grant me depth of insight, revelation and knowledge as I meditate on this passage, O Lord.
Scripture: Proverbs 30:1-14
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• What is God revealing to me in this passage?
Many wisdom writers of Agur’s time would introduce themselves as wise and full of understanding. Notice the way he described himself. As we, however, read through his writings, it becomes clear that contrary to his self-assessment, he is actually a man of great understanding, one seeking to make sense of the world around him. Notice his declaration in v.3 and the dilemma in v.4a.
It would appear a believer friend interjected with some information to help him comprehend God (vs.5,6) and this led to Agur’s humble prayer in vs.7-9. We have many Agurs around us, some genuinely seeking answers to their spiritual dilemma and to make sense of the world around them. May the Lord help us to offer the right words to help such people take refuge in the true God (v.6). Agur’s words in vs.10-14 confirm that God has indeed revealed to everyman what is good and what he requires of him (Amos 6:8).
Morality however is not enough but true knowledge of the Holy One as revealed by the Lord Jesus Christ who came down and went back to heaven and did all Agur wondered about in v.4 and more.
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Use Paul’s words in Philippians 3:10 to pray for increased knowledge of the Lord!
• Pray for the activities of interdenominational Christian fellowships – OFNC, ACF etc. – in their ministry to foreigners
Offer a prayer of faith in line with
• Judges 13-15; John 5:1-24
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Scripture Union SU Daily Guide 12 September 2021 – Life’s Puzzles! God bless you!