SCRIPTURE UNION DAILY DEVOTIONAL DECEMBER 12, 2021 (BE THE CHRISTIAN THAT YOU ARE)
TOPIC: Be The Christian That You Are!
Opening Prayer: Dear Lord, may the entrance of your word bring light and life to all I will do today.
Scripture: Ephesians 4:17-5:2
Question(s) for Reflection
• Is there any example for me to follow or not to follow?
• Is there any command for me to obey?
After conversion, God expects you to grow to be more Christlike. Carefully reflect on vs.17-23. Notice how certain godless, carnal ways of life could cause believers to relapse; and portray themselves as people who were never transformed. Notice in vs.20-21, 23; 1:13-14 and 1 John 1:3 how you can fully experience Christ.
Ponder vs.22, 25-31, then, note those evil characters that can ruin your spiritual relationship. Are you guilty of any of the character traits mentioned in these verses? Let the admonishment in vs.23 and 24 guide your actions. The Holy Spirit is always ready to help transform our lives if we surrender all to Him and are prepared to forsake our old sinful lifestyle.
Read vs.25-5:2 and note the options open to us, especially as regard to how we all can pro-actively build a better Christian community. The Lord expects us, as His children, to live or act quite differently from the world! We cannot continue to live the old empty, ignorant and unfruitful life, worshipping Christ with our lips while our hearts are far from Him (see Isaiah 29:13-14). Thank God for the Holy Spirit, God’s seal, who lives in us and empowers us to live out the new life (4:30).
• Memorize: “How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your Word.” (Psalms 119:9 – NIV)
• Any new insight or reinforcement of what you already know?
• Teach me your will, O Lord, and help me to follow and walk daily in it.
• Thank God for the death of Jesus Christ on the cross, and His resurrection for the remission of the sins of mankind: the only assurance of eternity with God.
Offer a prayer of faith in line with Deuteronomy 29:5; Josh. 4-6; Luke 15:1-10
Scripture Union Daily Guide 12 December 2021. Scripture Union is an international, interdenominational, evangelical Christian organization. It was founded in 1867, and works in partnership with individuals and churches across the world. The organization’s stated aim is to use the Bible to inspire children, young people and adults to know God.