RCCG OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONALS OCTOBER 29, 2021 (TIMELY AND CHEERFUL GIVING)
TOPIC: “Timely And Cheerful Giving”
MEMORISE: “To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:”- Ecclesiastes 3:1
READ: Luke 24:1-8 (KJV)
1. Now upon the first day of the week, very early in the morning, they came unto the sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certain others with them.
2. And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre.
3. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus.
4. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments;
5. And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
6. He is not here, but is risen; remember how he spake unto you when he was yet in Galilee,
7. Saying, The Son of man must be delivered into the hands of sinful men, and be crucified, and the third day rise again.
8. And they remembered his words,
Timeliness is one of the major conditions for offerings to be acceptable before God. As we see in our Bible reading of today, some people went very early to the sepulchre to anoint the body of our Lord Jesus Christ but He had already risen. Their offering was late! A few days to the crucifixion of Jesus Christ however, a woman had been criticized for anointing Jesus’ feet with an expensive ointment.
Despite this criticism, Jesus said: …Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. – Matthew 26:10-12 The disciples came on the resurrection morning to anoint Jesus, however, He had resurrected!
The angels asked the disciples who went to the sepulcher an important question: …Why seek ye the living among the dead? – (Luke 24:5) Whenever the Holy Spirit asks you to do something, no matter how illogical it may sound, please do it promptly and cheerfully.
If you procrastinate, it may be a belated offering or service. The disciples who came to anoint Jesus went back with their perfumes because the Lord was no longer in the grave. Also, some people are in the habit of piling up their tithes for two or three months, sometimes even longer.
Some say borrowed my tithes to pay later!” This is why some lose their reward of tithing – giving unacceptably, not as and when due. Our offerings also extend to our kind gestures to needy brethren.
James 2:15-16 says: If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of daily food, And one of you say unto them, Depart in peace, be ye warmed and filled; notwithstanding ye give them not those things which are needful to the body; what doth it profit? May the Holy Spirit continue to guide us and may we obey Him promptly as we journey from this world to our eternal home with Christ, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Listen to the Holy Spirit: what is He telling you to do? Do it now.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
2 Chronicles 31-36
Open Heavens Daily Devotional Lessons/guide Was Written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer Of The Redeemed Christian Church of God, One of The Largest Evangelical Churches in The World and Also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The open Heavens Devotional is One of The Most Wildly Read Devotionals in The World. It Is Designed to Load You Daily with Gods Word and Keep You Inspired, Encouraged and Uplifted. It Includes Open Heavens Devotionals, Teens Open Heavens Devotionals and Many More…. Read More