TOPIC: GOD’S SHOWCASE
Memorise: “He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth up the beggar from the dunghill, to set them among princes, and to make them inherit the throne of glory: for the pillars of the earth are the LORD’s, and he hath set the world upon them.” 1 Samuel 2:8
Read: Genesis 41:39-43
39. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, Forasmuch as God hath showed thee all this, there is none so discreet and wise as thou art:
40. Thou shalt be over my house, and according unto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater than thou.
41. And Pharaoh said unto Joseph, See, I have set thee over all the land of Egypt.
42. And Pharaoh took off his ring from his hand, and put it upon Joseph’s hand, and arrayed him in vestures of fine linen, and put a gold chain about his neck;
43. And he made him to ride in the second chariot which he had; and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler over all the land of Egypt.
Many processes are involved in producing a masterpiece from raw materials. For instance, the process of felling a tree in the forest, sawing off the bark of the wood, using hammers and chisels and converting the log to a beautiful piece of furniture takes a lot of time. Josephs journey from being sold into slavery to becoming the Prime Minister of Egypt was about 13 years. He was a teenager when his brothers connived to kill him but God was preparing him for a divine show-off.
After God had chiseled out impatience, un-forgiveness, bitterness and anger from his life, He polished him and presented him to the highest authority when he was ready for display. God can also work on you if you allow Him but you need to be patient and obedient to the promptings of the Holy Spirit. When God is through with you, He will show you off to the world. Zechariah 13:9 says:
“And I will bring the third part through the fire, and will refine them as silver is refined, and will try them as gold is tried: they shall call on My name, and I will hear them: I will say, It is my people: and they shall say, The LORD is my God.”
Lord, please refine me for Your use.
Bible in One Year:
Proverbs 9:1-18 , Proverbs 10:1-32 , 1 Corinthians 15:1-58
ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER
1. All to Jesus I surrender,
All to Him I freely give;
I will ever love and trust Him,
I surrender all, I surrender all;
All to Thee, my blessed Savior,
I surrender all.
2. All to Jesus I surrender,
Humbly at His feet I bow;
Worldly pleasures all forsaken,
Take me, Jesus, take me now.
3. All to Jesus I surrender,
Lord, I give myself to Thee;
Fill me with Thy love and power,
Let Thy blessing fall on me.
4. All to Jesus I surrender,
Now I feel the sacred flame;
O the joy of full salvation!
Glory, glory to His name!
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Open Heaven for Teens September 6th 2021 – God’s Showcase. God bless you!