TOPIC: THE BLESSINGS OF A FATHER
Memorise: “Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.” Deuteronomy 28:3
Read: Genesis 27:27-29
27. And he came near, and kissed him: and he smelled the smell of his raiment, and blessed him, and said, See, the smell of my son is as the smell of a field which the LORD hath blessed:
28. Therefore God give thee of the dew of heaven, and the fatness of the earth, and plenty of corn and wine:
29. Let people serve thee, and nations bow down to thee: be lord over thy brethren, and let thy mother’s sons bow down to thee: cursed be every one that curseth thee, and blessed be he that blesseth thee.
Some blessings will not come to a child of God unless he or she provokes it. In our Bible reading for today, Isaac in his old age asked his son to go to the field, kill an animal and prepare a delicious meal for him to eat so that he would bless him. Ordinarily, the father should have just called on his children and pronounced blessings upon them but he wanted them to bring something as a point of contact for the blessing.
The child too should have just said, father, bless me now, do you need to eat my soup before you bless me?
However, he obeyed promptly because he too understood the importance of doing something special to get a special kind of blessing.My child, there are some blessings you need to provoke from your parents because they will take you far in life. This season, go the extra mile. Give them gifts no matter how small, call to check up on them from time to time whenever youre away from home. When you are at home, run errands for them. Just make sure you get their blessings.
Do something thoughtful for your father this weekend.
Bible in One Year:
Proverbs 7:1-27 , Proverbs 8:1-36 , 1 Corinthians 14:21-40
THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSING
1. There shall be showers of
This is the promise of love;
There shall be
Sent from the Saviour above.
Showers of blessing,
Showers of blessing we need:
Mercy-drops round us are falling,
But for the showers we plead.
2. There shall be showers of
Precious reviving again;
Over the hills and the valleys,
Sound of abundance of rain.
3. There shall be showers of
Send them upon us, O Lord;
Grant to us now a refreshing,
Come, and now honour Thy
4. There shall be showers of
Oh, that today they might fall,
Now as to God
Now as on Jesus we call!
5. There shall be showers
If we but trust and obey;
There shall be
If we let God have His way.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Open Heaven for Teens 5th September 2021 – The Blessings Of A Father. God bless you!