Topic: Permanent Joy
MEMORIZE: Not for that we have dominion over your faith, but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand. 2 Corinthians 1:24
BIBLE READING: 2 CORINTHIANS 1:20-24
20. For all the promises of God in him are yea and in him Amen, unto the glory of God by us.
21. Now he which stablisheth us with you in Christ, and hath anointed us, is God;
22. Who hath also sealed us, and given the earnest of the Spirit in our hearts.
23. Moreover I call God for a record upon my soul, that to spare you I came not as yet unto Corinth.
24. Not for that we have dominion over your faith but are helpers of your joy: for by faith ye stand.
I gave my life to Christ the evening of Sunday 29th July 1973.
As I got to my office the following morning, I met my supervisor, Professor Chike Obi who looked at me surprised.
He asked if it was my birthday because I was radiant. A colleague also asked if I attended a wedding ceremony over the weekend.
I replied No but that I had just received an invitation to attend the wedding of the Lamb.
Joy is evidence of freedom. It shows liberation from things that held you bound. In my case, I was finally free from sin, sickness and hellfire and that gave me so much joy.
Joy is like a well; its depth will determine the quantity of water that comes out of it – There is joy in heaven when a sinner repents (Luke 15:7).
This joy also floods the heart of the sinner who repented but the joy ought to be permanent.
One way to retain your joy after salvation is by digging your well further in the word of God.
This can be done by studying, meditating and obeying it. Also, the more you stay in Gods presence, the deeper your joy.
You will be surrounded by Gods presence so much that even if an unpleasant situation occurs, you will respond to it with joy.
KEY POINT: Those who tell good news are rarely sad.
1. Amazing Grace! How sweet the sound
That saved a wretch like me!
I once was lost, but now am found
Was blind, but now I see.
2. ‘Twas Grace that taught my heart to fear,
And Grace my fears relieved.
How precious did that Grace appear
The hour I first believed.
3. Through many dangers, toils, and snares
I have already come.
‘Tis Grace hath brought me safe thus far
And Grace will lead us home
4. The Lord has promised good to me.
His Word my hope secures.
He will my shield and portion be
As long as life endures.
5. When we’ve been there ten thousand years
Bright shining as the sun,
We’ve no less days to sing God’s praise
Than when we’d first begun.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 148:1-14, PSALMS 149:1-9, PSALMS 150:1-6, 1 CORINTHIANS 11:16-34
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.