TOPIC: WHO IS THE GREATEST?
Read: Luke 22:24-27
24. And there was also a strife among them, which of them should be accounted the greatest.
25. And he said unto them, The kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship over them; and they that exercise authority upon them are called benefactors.
26. But ye shall not be so: but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the younger; and he that is chief, as he that doth serve.
27. For whether is greater, he that sitteth at meat, or he that serveth? is not he that sitteth at meat? but I am among you as he that serveth.
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do it with thy might; for there is no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest. – Ecclesiastes 9:10
There is this story about a preacher whose ministrations were confirmed with miracles. He thought the miracles were by his works but one day, as he was praying, he saw a revelation. An old woman had joined the sanitation team of the church and as she cleaned each chair on every Sunday morning, she would say Jesus, whoever sits on this chair today must receive Your touch; he or she must not leave empty handed.
So, the Holy Spirit told the preacher that the answers to the woman’s prayers were the miracles God was doing through Him. Now, which of them would you say is the greater?What are your gifts? Do you have the gift of prophecy and so you think you are better than the rest? This ought not to be. Gods gift in your life is for the benefit of the Body of Christ and none is greater than the other. Jesus Christ said that whosoever will be the greatest must be the servant. This means that heavens assessment will be based on the quality of our service not position or gift.
Father,please let the services I render cause transformations in the lives of others.
Bible in One Year: Psalms 119:1-176, 1 Corinthians 3:1-23
Hymns – I AM THINE O LORD
1. I am Thine, O Lord,
I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise
in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer,
nearer blessed Lord,
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer,
nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight
of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer,
and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend
4. There are depths of love that I
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy
that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
Thanks for reading Today’s Open Heaven for Teens 21st August 2021: Who Is the Greatest? written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please share this with other people.