TOPIC: WRITING IN TONGUES!
Bible Reading: Daniel 5:5
In the same hour came forth fingers of a man’s hand, and wrote over against the candlestick upon the plaster of the wall of the king’s palace: and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.
11. There is a man in thy kingdom, in whom is the spirit of the holy gods; and in the days of thy father light and understanding and wisdom, like the wisdom of the gods, was found in him; whom the king Nebuchadnezzar thy father, the king, I say, thy father, made master of the magicians, astrologers, Chaldeans, and soothsayers;
12. Forasmuch as an excellent spirit, and knowledge, and understanding, interpreting of dreams, and shewing of hard sentences, and dissolving of doubts, were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shew the interpretation.
24. Then was the part of the hand sent from him; and this writing was written.
25. And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL, UPHARSIN.
26. This is the interpretation of the thing: MENE; God hath numbered thy kingdom, and finished it.
27. TEKEL; Thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.
28. PERES; Thy kingdom is divided, and given to the Medes and Persians.
Memorise: “And they were all filled with the Holy Ghost, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance.” Acts 2:4
These days, young people create groups on social media where they keep in touch and discuss spiritual matters. Well, this is good, after all, the groups were instrumental last year when the nations of the world went on compulsory holiday and we had to air services on television, radio stations and social media platforms. However, one of my children told me that in a group where prayers were organized, members were expected to text-pray, i.e. a person posts the prayer point and others post theirs in response to the one raised.
That is very commendable but writing in tongues? There is nowhere in the Bible that states that tongues were written and read by human beings! No one can understand the language of the Spirit except if given the gift of the interpretation of tongues. Hence, writing in tongues is a wrong notion. The men of old were moved by the Holy Spirit, yet, they wrote the Bible in a language humans could understand before it was later transcribed into the English language, so, it baffles me how someone can transcribe this spiritual gift into everyday letters, sounds and syllables.
In the book of Acts, the Bible recorded that people spoke in tongues. Even Apostle Paul mentioned it in Corinthians. Please dont misinterpret Gods words. Speaking in tongues is scriptural but writing in tongues is heresy.
Point: Father, please give me the understanding of Your word and spiritual matters.
Bible in One Year: Isaiah 7:1-25, Isaiah 8:1-22, Isaiah 9:1-21, Galatians 4:1-31
BREATHE ON ME BREATH OF GOD
1. Breathe on me, Breath of God,
fill me with life anew,
that I may love what
Thou dost love,
And do what Thou wouldst do.
2. Breathe on me, Breath of God,
Until my heart is pure,
Until with Thee I will one will,
To do and to endure.
3. Breathe on me, Breath of God;
Till I am wholly Thine,
Until this earthly part of me
Glows with Thy fire divine.
4. Breathe on me, Breath of God,
So shall I never die,
But live with Thee the perfect life
Of Thine eternity.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s Open Heaven For Teens 26th September 2021 | Writing In Tongues