TOPIC: THE COST OF HATRED! 1
SCRIPTURE: MATTHEW 22:34-40
Then I remembered those immortal words of Martin Luther King, Jr.: “Hate destroys the very structure of the personality of the hater… when you start hating anybody, it destroys the very center of your creative response to life and the universe; so love everybody.” Did you get that? HATE OR ENVY DESTROYS YOU FIRST! Yes! “Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat” (Henry Emerson). It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get.
In Verses 37 – 40 of today’s scripture, Jesus replied: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Your Christian life without these two commandments is a SCAM! I don’t care how you sing in church like an angel or even pray like Moses on the mountain.
You may even be a great giver like the poor widow who gave her all – the widow’s mite or you may be a great worker for God like the apostles of old who turned Asia UPSIDE DOWN in just two years, but if there is somebody you cannot stand, forgive, stop envying or stop that secret anger against, then your race to the FOURSQUARE CITY (heaven) may be a FAILED PROJECT! Watch it! Close with Marilyn Monroe: “Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn’t that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you.” That is why you must not be a HATER! BE THE HATED because of your rising star!
Don’t ENVY OTHERS! Let others envy you because they wonder why God is blessing you! Note this: All men kill the thing they hate; unless, of course, it kills them first. KILL HATRED or IT KILLS YOU FIRST! That’s the bitter cost of HATRED! Pray seriously now.
ODM Daily Manna 12 September 2021 Prayer Points!
1. Take Song 1: Higher ground…
2. In your own words, pray about today’s word as you are led now.
3. Repent concerning any man or woman you detest, hate or envy (mention their names and release forgiveness).
4. THE COST OF MISSING HEAVEN IS TOO HIGH: I refuse to pay that price due to another human being like me. Help me to walk in LOVE to God and man.
5. You demonic arrow of HATRED and your acidic poison of ENVY; loose my heart and CATCH FIRE NOW in Jesus name.
6. Pray in Tongues now as led. LORD, BURN AWAY ANYTHING that will stop my making heaven in Jesus name.
7. Pray about today seriously!
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s ODM 12 September 2021 Our Daily Manna – The Cost Of Hatred! 1. God bless you!