TOPIC: BETTER THAN BEFORE
Read: Mark 6:41-45
41. And when he had taken the five loaves and the two fishes, he looked up to heaven, and blessed, and brake the loaves, and gave them to his disciples to set before them; and the two fishes divided he among them all.
42. And they did all eat, and were filled.
43. And they took up twelve baskets full of the fragments, and of the fishes.
44. And they that did eat of the loaves were about five thousand men.
45. And straightway he constrained his disciples to get into the ship, and to go to the other side before unto Bethsaida, while he sent away the people.
Memorise: Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin. – James 4:17
In todays Bible reading, after everyone was done eating, the disciples picked up every piece left over and cleaned up the whole area. Thereafter, they took the 12 baskets of leftover fragments away, before they got on a ship to Bethsaida. They had another city to go, yet they cleaned up first.
This is an attitude every child of God must imbibe.Its necessary to clean up after using a place so as to make it conducive for the next person. For instance, if you use the restroom, kitchen, workroom et cetera, it is wrong to leave it in bad shape. Some people will use a restroom and not flush even when there is water in the tank. This is very wrong!
Cleanliness endears people to you while dirtiness repels them from you. If you claim to be saved and anointed and you practise poor hygiene, your salvation is questionable. When the Israelites were in the wilderness, God told them to designate a place outside the camp where they could relieve themselves (Deuteronomy 23:12 ) because He knew He would visit them often. Our God is holy and won’t behold dirtiness.
Do a thorough cleaning of your room this weekend.
Bible in One Year: Acts 15:1-41 , Job 38:1-41 , Job 39:1-30