TOPIC: THE COST OF HATRED! 2
SCRIPTURE: 1SAMUEL 31:1-13
We hate some people because we do not know them; and will not know them because we hate them! William Shakespeare opined: “If you hate me, I’ll always be in your mind.” Hatred is like fire. It CONSUMES! Hate is a lack of imagination (Graham Greene). Hatred is the atmosphere of hell (Martin Farquhar Tupper). Hate misleads and fear distorts. Hatred unlocks no doors in heaven! IT IS A DOOR CLOSER!
I imagine one of the reasons people cling to their hatred so stubbornly is because they sense, once hate is gone, they will be forced to deal with pain. Life appears to be too short to be spent in nursing animosity or registering wrongs. Hatred is a cold fire, and it gives no warmth. Hate is a bottomless cup; You will pour and pour without an end. Hate always sells well, but what is the cost of HATRED? According to my brother, Gbinle Akanni, first, it will take away your inner peace.
Then it will cost you incurable worries. It will eat up your heart! You will be deeply bitter whenever you set your eyes on the person you hate or ENVY. Whenever he or she laughs, you cry! While others are busy planning their future, you are busy looking for how to pull him or her down. Oh! WHAT A COST! Furthermore, the Spirit of God will leave you and you will become the temple of devils where demons reside. IS HATRED WORTH IT? Listen again: Hatred will make you to begin to have different health issues like high blood pressure, diabetes, stroke, cancer, liver disease, kidney disease, etc.
Beloved, don’t allow anybody take away your joy and sell or give you hatred. Dear pastor and dear child of God, avoid gossip, bitterness, anger, etc. because a lot of times, it is what you hear about somebody that breeds hatred. Ah! I refuse to pay such a huge PRICE when I can LOVE so easily and cheaply. No wonder Richard Nixon said: “Others may hate you. But those who hate you don’t win, unless you hate them. And then, you destroy yourself.” Ask king Saul (today’s scripture)! Pray seriously now!
1. Take any song of victory as led.
2. In your own words, pray about today’s word as you are led now.
3. Repent seriously concerning any seed of hatred in your heart!
4. HATE IS A BOTTOMLESS CUP! I shall not be a victim!
5. Hate is a door closer! I refuse to be a victim. LORD, OPEN EVERY CLOSED door due to HATRED and envy in my past.
6. I repent concerning any man or woman I detest, hate or envy (mention their names and release forgiveness).
7. THE COST OF MISSING HEAVEN IS TOO HIGH: I refuse to pay that price due to another human being like me. Help me to walk in LOVE to God and man.
8. Pray in Tongues now as led. LORD, BURN AWAY ANYTHING that will stop my making heaven in Jesus name.
9. Pray about today seriously as led now.
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s ODM Daily Manna 13th September 2021 – The Cost Of Hatred! 2. God bless you!