MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 11, 2022 (NOT BY TITLE)
TOPIC: NOT BY TITLE
Fire Scripture: Acts 9:10-21
Psalm 32:8 – “I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.”
We cannot all be a Paul, but we all can be Ananias in relation to Saul.
May you be qualified as God’s chosen vessel for good works in Jesus name.
The story of Brother Ananias should be a humbling one to every thoughtful Christian that seeks intimacy with the Lord. We are all familiar with the conversion story of Saul who became Paul, how met with Jesus, on his way to Damascus. This divine encounter never left him the same way. Christians all over the world today, are tapping into the lessons through the scriptures. Paul became God’s vessel of reaching to the Gentiles in fulfilling His word in Acts 1:8.
God does not work in isolation. As Saul encountered Jesus and became blind, God had prepared Brother Ananias as the instrument of his healing. Do you ever wonder who this Ananias is? He was not named among the apostles, no big title, no high class status or particular ministerial assignment. In fact, we can call him “disciple without portfolio”. Yet, God knows his name and location, even his spiritual right standing.
There should be more reasons why God chose this man for this divine assignment which generations shall continue to read about till the return of our Lord and Master, Jesus. What can we learn from Ananias? This man was definitely humble, obedient, loving and compassionate. How? Though he demonstrated a little fear at the beginning, he explained his apprehension to Christ, and in total obedience to the Master, he said, “Here am I, Lord”.
God gave him the address where Saul was. This equally shows the closeness they both enjoyed. Can God dialogue with you on a matter? Can He trust you on handling matters for Him without faltering? Ananias got to Saul and called him ” Brother”. This is true brotherly love! You can hear and feel that humility, love and compassion. Not the voice of arrogance self- importance or spiritual pride. It was a warm embrace of “welcome into the Body of Christ”.
Brother Ananias as we read in scriptures had no apostolic title or role like Peter and others. Can God count on you for such
MFM PRAYER POINTS FOR 11TH OCTOBER 2022
1. O Lord, count me worthy as vessel of honour fit for Your use, in the name of Jesus.
2. Spiritual arrogance, I am not your candidate, die in my life, in the name of Jesus.
3. Lord, help me to remain humble, no matter the position I occupy, in the name of Jesus.
4. Let brotherly love flow from me to others around me, in the name of Jesus.
5. Spirit of unconditional obedience, possess my life, in the name of Jesus.
6. I refuse to wallow in spiritual overconfidence, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord Jesus, help me to continue to walk and work under Your leading and guidance all the days of my life, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Matthew 9; Matthew 10
MFM Devotional for 11 October 2022 Tuesday | Not By Title