TOPIC: REJECTING THE CALL OF DEATH
Fire Scripture: John 10:7-10
A call is an invitation. It is a cry out or summon. Every existence has inviting power or the power to attract. Both the good and the bad exist with enticing forces, and man is empowered with the choice to resist or yield to calls.
Life presents choices to lure men to stay in it, so does death present choices to lure men into it. In Isaiah 14:9 the Bible says, “Hell from beneath is moved for thee to meet thee at thy coming: it stirreth up the dead for thee, even all the chief ones of the earth; it hath raised up from their thrones all the kings of the nations.”
One of the agenda of the devil (the thief) is to kill, and he does this by calls. Every enticement of the devil is towards death. There is physical death, which is passing away out of life, and there is spiritual death, which is the separation of men from God.
Death in its physical or spiritual form is a loss for man; hence, we must learn to reject it. Had Eve rejected the goodness of the tree for food and the pleasantness of the fruit to the eyes and the wisdom it could give, she and her husband wouldn’t have died (Genesis 3:6).
Death has its call agents. Sin is one of death’s call agents. Careless living is death’s call agent. Evil association is also death’s call agents. Deafness to the Holy Spirit is death’s call agent. Disobedience is death’s call agent. Love for money is death’s call agent. Sexual perversion and inordinate affection are death’s call agents. Uncontrolled tongue calls souls to embrace death.
Fear is death’s call agent. Prayerlessness and lack of the word of God is death’s call agent. All these and many more acts, sponsored by the prince of darkness himself, are calls to both physical and spiritual death.
Beloved, you can reject the call to death by resisting the devil (James 4:7), fleeing from all appearances of evil (1 Thessalonians 5:22), submitting yourself to God (James 4:7), by not yoking yourself with unbelievers (Proverbs 4:23), by being a prayer addict, by living by God’s word and by always taking heed to yourself.
Memory Verse: Isaiah 25:8 – “He will swallow up death in victory; and the Lord GOD will wipe away tears from off all faces; and the rebuke of his people shall he take away from off all the earth: for the LORD hath spoken it.”
Motivational Quote: The last enemy to be destroyed is death.
Prophetic Word: I prophesy that every invitation stirred up from the grave against your life is destroyed by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.
Prayer Points | MFM Devotional for 23rd June 2022 Thursday
1. Father, I thank You for Your covenant of safety upon my life and entire family from the beginning of this year, in the name of Jesus.
2. Any plan of the devil to take my life through any form of accident is declared null and void, in the name of Jesus.
3. I stand on the Rock of Ages that fails not and declare that I shall not die but live. The life of Christ is in me; therefore, I refuse to answer the call of death today, in the name of Jesus.
4. Death and hell chasing me and my family, be swallowed up in victory, in the name of Jesus.
5. O Lord, keep back my soul from the grave and keep my life from perishing by the sword, in the name of Jesus.
6. I confess that my protection is in the hands of God and I hide under His wings. Let premature death be gone forever from me and my family, in the name of Jesus.
7. Lord, Let sudden death take over any demonic agent who is seeking my life today, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 1Kings 17; 1Kings 18; 1Kings 19