TOPIC: I REJECT EVIL EMBARGO (II)
Fire Scripture: Joshua 9:21-27
Joshua 9:23: “Now therefore ye are cursed, and there shall none of you be freed from being bondmen, and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of my God.”
People do not lack strength but the will to reject what is not palatable.
I refuse to be cursed in my place of blessings, in the name of Jesus.
Yesterday, we learnt about how Jacob used a curse to place an embargo on Reuben, his firstborn. Our Fire Scripture today is looking at another group of people that were placed under an embargo because of their deceit. Joshua and the leaders of Israel failed to pray for God’s direction in dealing with the Gibeonites. As a result, they presumptuously entered into an agreement (a treaty) with them, which they could not break.
This misguided and unwise decision brought the ungodly Canaanites into Israel’s communities – this type of action is forbidden in Deuteronomy 7:1-3. In all decisions of life, we should look to God for His wisdom and guidance so that we can avoid unnecessary sorrow and tragedies. In Joshua 9:21, the Bible reads, “The princes said unto them, Let them live; but let them be hewers of wood and drawers of water unto all the congregation; as the princes had promised them.”
Dear reader, if you go through the Bible carefully, this embargo placed on the Gibeonites relegated them and they were the ones doing all the menial jobs for the Israel nation. They were slaves and the downtrodden of the land. Embargo is like a siege that does not allow good things to come and does not allow evil things to go. The evil and negative things will remain.
Embargo is like a ban or impediment to success and prosperity. It ensures that there is no promotion or uplifting. There was an embargo placed on Jabez; his was that of sorrow and poverty, until he called on the God of Israel before he was delivered and got his coast enlarged (1 Chronicles 4:9-10).
PRAYER POINTS | MFM Devotional for 14 July 2022 Thursday
1. The embargo that stopped my parents, I am not your candidate, die, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every stopper and blocker of my father’s house, die, in the name of Jesus.
3. Environmental blockage, scatter, in the name of Jesus.
4. Let God arise and let my life move forward by fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. My heaven, open now by fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Any curse or evil word of man, standing on my way, break and die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Anywhere I go and whatever I do, the God of wonders shall visit me for wonders, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Psalms 90; Psalms 91
Psalms 92; Psalms 93
Psalms 94; Psalms 95