TOPIC: OVERCOMING STORMS OF LIFE (I)
Fire Scripture: Mark 4: 37-38
Matthew 7:25 “And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.”
Jesus Christ is the Rock that never sinks.
The storms of life shall not swallow you, in the name of Jesus.
A storm in the general sense is a violent commotion or disturbance. It occurs in every life. There are different kinds of storms: marital storm, financial storm, health storm, career storm, ministerial storm, and so on. All these storms can affect a man’s life. In many cases, storms have driven man into depression, suicide, mental illness and so on.
As a child of God, the Bible tells us in Hebrews 12: 5-6, “…My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him: For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.” This means that children of God are not free from the storms of life. But ours is for God’s glory because He uses the storms of life to produce godly virtues in us to make us better vessels and more useful instruments in His hands.
All the saints we read about in the Bible faced their own storms. Their attitude to the storms produced testimonies to the glory of God. As long as God calls you His child and has given you a purpose, He will lead you into the wilderness to face your own storm that will prepare you for His purpose and heaven at last. Unfortunately, many who claim to be believers do not ask for God’s grace to endure these persecutions and trials.
They have little or no fruit of longsuffering and they forget that storms are parts of life. Being a believer doesn’t exempt you from them. If Jesus Christ, the Son of God, faced His own storms and conquered, it means we can all conquer if we take our cue from Him. The Bible says in Galatians 6:9b, “…for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Victory only
1. O Lord, I thank You for Your undivided attention and love for my life and my family, in the name of Jesus.
2. Peace of God that passes all understanding, flood my soul, in the name of Jesus.
3. I bind and cast out every spirit of fear, in the name of Jesus.
4. Cobwebs of darkness blocking my way to greatness, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
5. I envelop myself and family with the fire of the God of Elijah, in the name of Jesus.
6. Violent angels of God, arise and attack my attackers, in the name of Jesus.
7. The boat of my destiny shall not sink, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR
Haggai 1; Haggai 2