TOPIC: UPROOTING EVIL SEEDS (I)
Fire Scripture: Matthew 13: 24-30
Matthew 13:25: “But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.”
A good seed will bring forth good fruit.
Every evil seed sown in your life shall catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
It is an undeniable fact that anything not planted by God is planted by the devil. To illustrate this better, Jesus gave His disciples some parables in Matthew 13:24-32. Verses 24-25 say, “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field: But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.”
In verses 31-32, we see another parable by the Lord Jesus: “Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed, which a man took, and sowed in his field: which indeed is the least of all seeds: but when it is grown, it is the greatest among herbs, and becometh a tree, so that the birds of the air come and lodge in the branches thereof.” The first parable talks about the evil seed which the enemy sowed among the good seed sown in the field.
When the servants of the householder asked what they should do about the evil seeds, he told them to allow them grow with the good ones and at harvest time, the tares from the bad seed should be gathered together and burnt with fire but the wheat from the good seeds should be taken into his barn. The second parable talks about the mustard seed which is the least of seeds, but when it was sown in the field, it grew into a big tree, where the birds of the air can take shelter in its branches.
These parables are illustrations of the different lives of men: those with good seeds and those with bad seeds and the outcome of the kinds of seeds planted in them. We shall consider the implications of these parables in our next devotion.
1. Every seed of destruction in my life, be uprooted by fire, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every evil night planter, be paralysed, in the name of Jesus.
3. Every evil material planted in my life in the dark, be uprooted, in the name of Jesus.
4. All the powers preparing poison for me, drink your poison and die, in the name of Jesus.
5. Evil seeds in my foundation, catch fire, in the name of Jesus.
6. Let every curse issued against me go back to the sender, in the name of Jesus.
7. Every pollution in my life, be flushed out by the blood of Jesus, in the name of Jesus.