MFM MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBUAURY 1, 2023 (THE MYSTERY OF FIRST FRUIT OFFERING.)
TOPIC: THE MYSTERY OF FIRST FRUIT OFFERING.
Bible In One Year:
Exodus 27–28; Matthew 21:1–22
Memory Verse: Deuteronomy 18:4
The first fruits also of thy corn, of thy wine, and of thine oil, and the first of the fleece of thy sheep, shalt thou give him.
The richest are not those who work tirelessly but those who know the secrets of prosperity.
Prophetic Word for Today:
Henceforth, you will enjoy the overflowing blessings and wonders attached to faithful giving of first fruit, in the Name of Jesus.
Fire Scripture: Deuteronomy 26:2-11
2 You will gather the crops that grow in the land the Lord your God is giving you. You must take some of the first crops you gather and put them in baskets. Then take that part of your harvest to the place that the Lord your God chooses to be the home for his name. 3 Go to the priest who is serving at that time. Tell him, ‘The Lord promised our ancestors that he would give us some land. Today I come to announce to the Lord your God that I have come to that land.’
4 “Then the priest will take the basket from you. He will put it down in front of the altar of the Lord your God.
5 Then there before the Lord your God you will say: ‘My ancestor was a wandering Aramean. He went down into Egypt and stayed there. When he went there, he had only a few people in his family. But in Egypt he became a great nation—a powerful nation with many people.
6 The Egyptians treated us badly. They made us slaves. They hurt us and forced us to work very hard.
7 Then we prayed to the Lord, the God of our ancestors, and complained about them. And the Lord heard us. He saw our trouble, our hard work, and our suffering.
8 Then the Lord brought us out of Egypt with his great power and strength. He used great miracles and wonders and did amazing things.
9 So he brought us to this place. He gave us this land—a land filled with many good things.
10 Now, Lord, I bring you the first harvest from the land that you gave me.’
“Then you must put the harvest down before the Lord your God and bow down to worship him.
11 Then you must have a meal together and enjoy all the good things that the Lord your God has given to you and your family. You must share them with the Levites and the foreigners living among you.
Praise & Worship
One of the prosperity secrets that every believer should strive to learn and use is the first fruit offering. By this biblical principle, every first issue brought forth by your animal, every first egg laid by your layers, the first salary you earn at work and the first profit in your business all belong to God. If you fail to give your first fruit to God, the remaining of your money, profit and possessions will not be sufficient for your use as it should be. In addition, you would have shut the door of prosperity against yourself.
When you give your first fruit, the rest is consecrated and dedicated to the Lord. That is why the Bible says that if the firstfruit is holy, the lump is also holy (Romans 11:16).
Here are some reasons why it is important that you give your first fruit offering:
(1) It means you are giving your most cherished possession to God.
(2) It represents your commitment to God.
(3) It shows your priority.
(4) Under the law, all first things belong to God and believers are also called firstfruits. So, giving firstfruit shows that you belong to God and are dedicated to Him.
(5) It is a lesson on dependence. When you give your all as firstfruit, you learn to depend on God to meet your needs and you will experience His faithfulness.
(6) It ensures a future harvest.
(7) It represents a part of a whole.
(8) It ignites the great and precious promises of God for your life.
(9) It provokes supernatural increase, enlargement of your coasts and financial explosion.
Beloved, some people have given their first fruit and received supernatural healing and deliver-ance. Some have given theirs and received financial explosion. Some experienced marital breakthrough. For some, the powers behind long-term barrenness in their lives were defeated while others experienced supernatural elevation after giving their first fruit.
I encourage you to give your firstfruit with unwavering faith. Your blessings will explode and God will surprise you beyond your expectations, in Jesus’ Name.
PRAYER POINTS FOR 1ST FEBRUARY 2023:
1. Father, I thank You for giving me the grace to acquire this seed, in the Name of Jesus.
2. Father, I worship You with this offering as the only source of all my income, in the Name of Jesus.
3. As I give this first fruit offering, O Lord, accept it and use it for Your glory, in the Name of Jesus.
4. O God, by this offering I hereby acknowledge that You are my Source and my Priority, in the Name of Jesus.
5. O God, arise and use this offering as a key to my uncommon favour, increase, enlargement and promotion, in the Name of Jesus.
6. Father, by this offering, let the power of the wasters be destroyed from my life and bless me with the blessings money cannot buy, in the Name of Jesus.
7. By this offering, I plug myself into the socket of financial open heavens, in the Name of Jesus.