TOPIC: GOD CHANGES TIMES AND SEASONS (II)
Fire Scripture: Exodus 3:7-10
God is the unchangeable changer. He enthrones kings and deposes kings. He has the power to kill and make alive. Times and seasons are absolutely under His control. He is sovereign and omnipotent. In our Fire Scripture, Daniel, speaking by the Holy Spirit said that God changes the times and seasons. The Bible afﬁrms this truth in several ways.
For 430 years, the Israelites experienced a time and season that was characterized by slavery and bondage under the tyrannical and despotic rule of Pharaoh. At that time Pharaoh was the most powerful king on earth. He even said, “Who is the Lord that I should obey Him?” Generations after generation passed and God was silent. It was as if the Israelites deliverance would never come or that their God had lost His power.
Exodus 3:7-8, “And the LORD said, I have surely seen the afﬂiction of my people which are in Egypt, and have heard their cry by reason of their taskmasters; for I know their sorrows; and I am come down to deliver them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them up out of the land unto a good land and a large, unto a land ﬂowing with milk and honey; unto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hivites, and the Jebusites”.
Therefore, the Lord sent Moses to Pharaoh to bring forth his people from Israel. By His intervention, the One who changes times and seasons, overthrew Pharaoh and his army, and brought the Israelites out of age-long bondage. Jacob’s time and season were changed when he had an encounter with God at Peniel. He sought for blessing from the angel and got it! Jabez’s time and season were changed after he prayed to the God of Israel.
From being an embodiment of pain and sorrow, he became highly favoured, surprisingly honourable and blessed. The years Hannah was barren and Peninah ridiculed her daily was a season. She did not lose hope nor allow her faith to fail. Eventually the God of Shiloh answered her and changed her time and season gloriously.
Beloved, no matter how hard and terrible the season you are passing through now may be. As you call on God who changes times and seasons today, you will experience divine change, in the name of Jesus.
MEMORY VERSE: Eccl. 3:1 – To everything, there is a season, and a time under heaven.
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often.
PROPHETIC WORD: I prophesy that the Unchangeable Changer shall appear in your situation and give you a new song today, in the name of Jesus.
HYMN: My Times Are In Thy Hand
1. My times are in Thy hand;
My God, I wish them there;
My life, my friends, my soul
I leave Entirely to Thy care.
2. My times are in Thy hand,
Whatever they may be,
Pleasing or painful, dark or bright,
As best may seem to Thee.
3. My times are in Thy hand;
Why should I doubt or fear?
My Father’s hand will never cause
His child a needless tear.
4. My times are in Thy hand,
Jesus, the cruciﬁed!.
Those hands my cruel sins had pierced
Are now my guard and guide.
1. The God that changes times and seasons, by Your mercy, appear in my life, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, as You remembered the children of Israel and intervened to stop their hardship, intervene in my affairs today, in the name of Jesus.
3. Father, send Your hand of deliverance into my life today, in the name of Jesus.
4. My cry shall reach heaven and God will send help to me hastily, in the name of Jesus.
5. The Lord who changed the times and season for Job, change the time and season in my favour now, in the name of Jesus.
6. O God of Jacob, appear in my life today, in the name of Jesus.
7. As You turned Hannah’s ridicule to glorious testimony and celebration, Father, arise and turn my problems to testimonies, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 18; Ezekiel 19
Thank you for your time in reading Today’s MFM Devotional 28th August 2021 – God Changes Times and Seasons (II). God bless you!