MFM MOUNTAIN TOP DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR DECEMBER 16, 2021 (GOODNESS: FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT)
Topic: ”FRUIT OF THE HOLY SPIRIT ”
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Peter 1-5
FIRE SCRIPTURE: Matthew 5:43-48
MEMORY VERSE: Ephesians 5:9
“For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth.”
MOTIVATIONAL QUOTE: Goodness is love in action.
PROPHETIC WORD FOR TODAY: I decree that goodness and mercy shall surely follow you all the days of your life, in the name of Jesus.
MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL 16TH DECEMBER 2021
The Greek meaning of the word “goodness” is an uprightness of the heart and life. Goodness is an act of lowliness or righteousness. As a Christian, you must be good, kind, generous and Christlike in lifestyle and conduct. When you act out of true goodness of the heart, you are acting in obedience to the commandments of God and seeking the benefit of others. Your actions must be an act of selflessness and you should place the needs of others before your own. Goodness is the state of being kind or being good.
Jesus Christ, our Lord and Saviour, is a perfect example of goodness. He gave His life for your sins on the cross so that you will have eternal life. His ministry and sacrifice are examples of God’s goodness toward mankind. He is called the Good Shepherd because He laid down His life for His sheep. He used His power and anointing to do good to mankind (Acts 10:38). You too must use whatever God has given you to show goodness to people around you.
Be good towards God and your neigbours. In Matt. 5:44, Jesus said that you must not repay evil for evil. By loving and praying for your enemies, you can overcome evil with good. If you love those who hate you and treat them well, it shows that Jesus is Lord of your life and this can even make them to serve your God. Goodness is not about doing elaborate things to gain recognition.
The act of being good to those around you means a lot to them. The Bible says that your light must shine before others that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven (Matt. 5:16). It is through the act of being good that you reflect the character of Jesus Christ who went about doing good. Beloved, goodness is an attribute of God. That is why we say that God is good all the time. It is a fruit of the Holy Spirit who dwells in you.
Therefore, goodness should be your hallmark and defining characteristic. Let it flow from your genuine love and be a proof of your Christlikeness.
1) Lord, help me to hear You and follow Your way throughout my life, in the name of Jesus Christ.
2) The stronghold of self in my life, collapse now, in the name of Jesus Christ
3) Father, open my heart to see the need of others and provide for them, in the name of Jesus Christ.
4. Jesus Christ, lead me in the path of goodness and righteousness, in the name of Jesus Christ.
5. Lord, make me a light of heaven to lighten the lives of others around me, in the name of Jesus Christ.
6. Use me, O Lord, to be a source of blessing to others, in the name of Jesus Christ.
7. The spirit to bless others unconditionally and not to expect reward from them, fall upon me now, in the name of Jesus Christ.
Mountain Top Life Is a Daily Devotional by Dr. D.K Olukoya (general Overseer, Mountain of Fire and Miracle Ministries, Worldwide) Read more about MFM daily devotional