MFM DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR 22ND APRIL 2022 | MOUNTAIN TOP LIFE TODAYTODAY’S TOPIC: BREAKING PARENTAL CURSES (IV)
Fire Scripture: Ephesians 6:1-4
Memory Verse: Exodus 20:12 – “Honour thy father and thy mother: that thy days may be long upon the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.”
Motivational Quote: A good child is a source of honour and happiness to his family.
Prophetic Word: Your children shall not bring shame to you, in the name of Jesus.
Many people are going through one problem or the other due to parental curses that they caused for themselves. These problems can be described as self-inflicted as we see in the case of the children of Jacob, Reuben, Levi and Simeon. The curses were Jacob’s reaction to their bad behaviour. The Bible has automatic curses for children who do not honour their parents (Exodus 20: 12; Proverbs 20:20).
However, God has promised to set us free from all problems, including parental curses. Are you suffering from parental curses? Do not despair, for there is surely a way of escape. You need to come to the Lord. He is the only One that can deliver you. In Psalm 50:15, the Lord says, “And call upon me in the day of trouble: I will deliver thee, and thou shalt glorify me.”
There are steps to receiving deliverance from the Lord. First, you need to acknowledge that you are a sinner, and repent of your sins. 1 John 1:10 says, “If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.” Secondly, you need to ask the Lord to forgive and cleanse you from all your unrighteousness according to the same 1 John 1:9 that says, “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.”
Thirdly, you need to seek the face of the Lord for direction on how to proceed on other activities concerning your total deliverance. For instance, the Lord may direct you to go ahead and pray deliverance prayers before you go to your parents to ask for their forgiveness if they are still alive, or it could be the other way round, to ask for their forgiveness before you go for deliverance.
It is important to follow divine directions so that you can obtain complete deliverance from the Lord.
1. By the power in the blood of Jesus, I shall not weep over my children, in the name of Jesus.
2. Every inherited curse working against the lives of my children, break by fire, in the name of Jesus.
3. Utterances of darkness against me and my children, be nullified, in the name of Jesus.
4. Angels of God, scatter all those plotting against my destiny, in the name of Jesus.
5. I confront every witchcraft challenge by the power of God, in the name of Jesus.
6. Every satanic pregnancy for my life, die, in the name of Jesus.
7. Dream attacks against me and my children, die, in the name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ps 73; Ps 77; Ps 78