DON’T BE POOR! BY PASTOR TIMOTHY BENEDICT
Did you notice that even Nebuzaradan the captain refused to take the poor as captives to Babylon, he left them still in Israel. 2kings 25:11-12.
Whatever kept them poor in Israel will make them useless in Babylon.
Poverty is not the absence of money or talent, it’s the absence of CAPACITY, LOW OR NON PRODUCTIVITY, GOOD RELATIONSHIPS, RIGHT ATTITUDE and a DRIVING PASSION towards the attainment of a goal that glorifies God and impacts society.
Anyone who measures wealth by financial acquisitions is actually VERY POOR.
God sympathizes with the poor but does not commit serious things into their hands.
How do you know a poor person?
1. They are arrogant!
2. They are prideful and boastful!
3. They draw their esteem from what they have!
4. They are greedy!
5. They are selfish!
6. They are unteachable!
7. They despise and talk down others!
8. They are ashamed to start small!
9. They are threatened by the rise of others!
10. They are always in dire need for attention. They want to always be on the spotlight!
11. They criticize successful people!
12. They make excuses for their situations!
13. They blame others for their condition!
14. They possess an entitlement mentality!
15. They love to proof a point!
This is why Jesus decreed that the gospel should be preached to the poor rather than the administration of deliverance!