Topic: DON’T BE A BUSYBODY“
TEXT: Psalm 52:1-9
1. Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.
2. Thy tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3. Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4. Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
5. God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
6. The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him;
7. Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
8. But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God; I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
9. I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it; and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.
Key Verse: Psalm 52:1
“Why boastest thou thyself on mischief, O mighty man? The goodness of God endureth continually.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
The term “busybody” usually refers to one focusing on the matters of others but looks little to his own issues. Busybodies also tend to look especially on the faults and troubles of other folks. They hardly focus on good news related to other people, but more often, it is issues about the scurrilous that occupy their minds.
David was reacting to the action of Doeg the Edomite, who had gone to Saul and told him David had gone to the house of Abimelech. The Psalm is a contrast between the righteous and wicked, revealing the frustration the righteous have toward the wicked and their ungodly ways. The psalmist challenged the arrogant wicked tyrant who boasted in his wickedness. He ended by saying that when the righteous see how God has destroyed the wicked out of the land of the living, they will fear lest they turn from the will of God. And the righteous will declare the goodness of God because He has rendered judgment on the wicked.
There are those who pick stones for the enemy against the innocent for the sake of the gain they can make out of that betrayal. Treachery and backstabbing are terrible sins that must not be courted by any believer. Those who cherish them end up disastrously. God is not mocked; every man must reap the fruit of whatever he sows.
There are those who delight in meddling in other people’s matters. Many have lost their lives by what they heard in their busybody mission. Had they kept their distance, shut their mouth or closed their eyes, they could have saved themselves. It is sad that men hardly learn from what happens to other people.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Lord, make me to see the good in others, always.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Samuel 1-2
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…