DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL SATURDAY 9TH APRIL 2022 (WAY TO SUCCESS)
Text: 1 Chronicles 4:1-10
1. The sons of Judah; Pharez, Hezron, and Carmi, and Hur, and Shobal.
2. And Reaiah the son of Shobal begat Jahath; and Jahath begat Ahumai, and Lahad. These are the families of the Zorathites.
3. And these were of the father of Etam; Jezreel, and Ishma, and Idbash; and the name of their sister was Hazelelponi;
4. And Penuel the father of Gedor, and Ezer the father of Hushah. These are the sons of Hur, the firstborn of Ephratah, the father of Bethlehem.
5. And Ashur the father of Tekoa had two wives, Helah and Naarah.
6. And Naarah bare him Ahuzam, and Hepher, and Temeni, and Haahashtari. These were the sons of Naarah.
7. And the sons of Helah were, Zereth, and Jezoar, and Ethnan.
8. And Coz begat Anub, and Zobebah, and the families of Aharhel the son of Harum.
9. And Jabez was more honourable than his brethren; and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, Because I bare him with sorrow.
10. And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.
KEY VERSE: 1 Chronicles 4:10
“And Jabez called on the God of Israel, saying, Oh that thou wouldest bless me indeed, and enlarge my coast, and that thine hand might be with me, and that thou wouldest keep me from evil, that it may not grieve me! And God granted him that which he requested.”
The world has witnessed several successful people who have redefined and transformed their lives and destinies through hard work and sheer resilience, a never-give-up spirit. They refused to accept the average and mediocre tag that circumstances of their births threw at them. They rose from nobody to become somebody that the world has come to respect and honour.
The story of Jabez is that of divine transformation. A bit of a detailed narration is provided concerning how he prayed and was blessed by the Lord.
Indeed, Jabez stood out because he prayed. In his prayers, he asked for divine blessing, for enlargement of his coast; for God’s hands to be with him, to be kept from evil, so he will not be grieved by it.
God answered and Jabez was transformed from shame to fame. Yet, curiously, it was not stated there or anywhere else in Scriptures that his family members joined him in the prayers. Some people do not believe there is any value in praying. Prayer is a serious burden to some today.
Many forget that prayer produces favour and mercy that, in turn, make our labour to be more fruitful and successful. That does not mean that Jabez never worked in life.
Of course, he worked and prayed for divine blessings upon his efforts, and God blessed him. Others around him worked and laboured, perhaps, even more, but without asking for divine blessings and grace, they joined the list of names without much reckoning and achievement. You can change your life and destiny today by engaging in prayer that cannot be denied.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Work hard, but recognise the place of prayer.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.