DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL SATURDAY 21ST MAY 2022 (STORY BEHIND THE GLORY)
TOPIC: STORY BEHIND THE GLORY“
Text: 2 Chronicles 17:12-19
12. And Jehoshaphat waxed great exceedingly; and he built in Judah castles, and cities of store.
13. And he had much business in the cities of Judah; and the men of war, mighty men of valour, were in Jerusalem.
14. And these are the numbers of them according to the house of their fathers; Of Judah, the captains of thousands; Adnah the chief, and with him mighty men of valour three hundred thousand.
15. And next to him was Jehohanan the captain, and with him two hundred and fourscore thousand.
16. And next him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself unto the LORD; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valour.
17. And of Benjamin; Eliada a mighty man of valour, and with him armed men with bow and shield two hundred thousand.
18. And next him was Jehozabad, and with him an hundred and fourscore thousand ready prepared for the war.
19. These waited on the king, beside those whom the king put in the fenced cities throughout all Judah.
KEY VERSE: 2 Chronicles 17:12
“And Jehoshaphat waxed great exceedingly; and he built in Judah castles, and cities of store.”
Often times, people see and admire an already made and successful man. They see his glory as it shines bright and desire to be like him. But many do not really know the story behind such glory neither are they willing to learn from what it cost to reach such an enviable height. Successful men do not just appear out of the blues; they have stories to tell about their rise to limelight.
Our passage today gives us a glimpse of Jehoshaphat’s wealth, strength and glory. He worked assiduously hard to fortify his kingdom and sought the Lord diligently like his forefather, David. He jettisoned the prevailing lifestyle of Baal worship and refused to be influenced by the vices of the neighbouring nation of Israel. Consequently, the presence of the Lord strengthened and prospered him with the glory.
It is not enough to desire the kind of glory you see in highly prospered children of God; you should be willing to learn from their story of deep devotion and dedication to the Lord as well as their discipline and dutiful devotion to their works. Avoid all temptations to cut corners and cheat in order to be successful.
The Lord is willing to bless you with His presence and strengthen you to prosper as He did for Jehoshaphat if you too will look away from the common practices around you, fear the Lord and diligently follow His ways. Your life will be glorious and your story, sweet to tell.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Don’t just admire the glory; learn from the story behind it!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.