DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FRIDAY 8TH APRIL 2022 (RESILIENCE IS KEY)
TOPIC: Resilience is Key“
Text: Joshua 15:48-63
48. And in the mountains, Shamir, and Jattir, and Socoh,
49. And Dannah, and Kirjathsannah, which is Debir,
50. And Anab, and Eshtemoh, and Anim,
51. And Goshen, and Holon, and Giloh; eleven cities with their villages;
52. Arab, and Dumah, and Eshean,
53. And Janum, and Bethtappuah, and Aphekah,
54. And Humtah, and Kirjatharba, which is Hebron, and Zior; nine cities with their villages;
55. Maon, Carmel, and Ziph, and Juttah,
56. And Jezreel, and Jokdeam, and Zanoah,
57. Cain, Gibeah, and Timnah; ten cities with their villages;
58. Halhul, Bethzur, and Gedor,
59. And Maarath, and Bethanoth, and Eltekon; six cities with their villages;
60. Kirjathbaal, which is Kirjathjearim, and Rabbah; two cities with their villages;
61. In the wilderness, Betharabah, Middin, and Secacah,
62. And Nibshan, and the city of Salt, and Engedi; six cities with their villages.
63. As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out; but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.
KEY VERSE: Joshua 15:63
“As for the Jebusites the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the children of Judah could not drive them out: but the Jebusites dwell with the children of Judah at Jerusalem unto this day.”
Persistence paid off for American astronomer Clyde Tombaugh, who discovered the planet Pluto. After astronomers calculated a probable orbit for this “suspected” heavenly body, Tombaugh took up the search in March 1929. Time magazine recorded the investigation. He examined scores of telescopic photographs each showing tens of thousands of star images in pairs under the dual microscope. It often took three days to scan a single pair. It was “exhausting, eye-cracking work”, according to him. And it went on for months. Star by star, he examined 20 million images. Then, on February 18, 1930, as he was blinking at a pair of photographs in the constellation Gemini, he suddenly came upon the image of Pluto. His discovery was a result of resilience.
The tribe of Judah conquered every city and people in sight in her bid to claim her assigned territory in the Promised Land. Cities and towns with natural defences in the wilderness, hills and valleys were displaced. But the Jebusites put up a resistance to this formidable army of Judah. Therefore, they lived in Israel’s most famous city of Jerusalem alongside the people of Judah.
Sometimes, life can be difficult and challenging. People may attempt to tear and wear us down with the voices of discouragement. But those who believe in God shall be strong and do exploits.
What people say about you matters little; how you react is what matters. It is not falling down that is the problem, but when we fail to recover and rise up to drive our dreams to fulfilment. It takes resilience to live, succeed and become significant in faith in the midst of challenges.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Endurance is a formidable armour.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.