DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 31, 2022 (BLESSEDNESS OF WALKING WITH GOD)
TOPIC : “BLESSEDNESS OF WALKING WITH GOD“
Text: Psalms 128:1-6
1. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
2. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands; happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
3. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house; thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
4. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
5. The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion; and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
6. Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
KEY VERSE: Psalm 128:1
“Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD, that walketh in his ways.”.
A Christian man was in a speed boat with other passengers when suddenly it ran into a storm. The boat was at the point of capsizing. But the man kept repeating the Scripture text: “I shall not die…” Floating in the water while all hope was almost lost, suddenly he saw a wooden rod and clutched onto it until rescuers came.
The text under consideration reveals the blessedness of those who fear the Lord and walk in His ways. It says, “For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands… The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life”.
The blessedness of obeying the Lord are manifold because God does not abandon His faithful children. There are diverse testimonies of great deeds and wonders of His goodness in the lives of His children. A Christian couple who had been told by doctors that they had no chance of having children were blessed with a child. Another believer was delivered from the den of ritualists by an angel.
Confidence in God and obedience to His word guarantee peace and preservation from the Lord. He has promised as many as have made Him their “refuge” and “habitation”, that no evil will befall them and no plague shall come near their dwellings. God’s people must hold on to His promises in the face of all sorts of pestilence. He has promised to abide with His children always. So, “Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken” (Proverbs 3:25,26).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
God’s eyes are always on the righteous.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.