DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR OCTOBER 16, 2022 (TESTED AND UNTESTED)
TOPIC: TESTED AND UNTESTED
TEXT: Genesis 3:1-7
1. Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?
2. And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden;
3. But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.
4. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die;
5. For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil.
6. And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.
7. And the eyes of them both were opened, and they knew that they were naked; and they sewed fig leaves together, and made themselves aprons.
“Now the serpent was more subtil than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?” – (Genesis 3:1).
A prominent personality once declared that if he had to choose between a pilot who had survived an air crash and one who had not, he would prefer the former. Why? He said the experienced airman, not being a stranger to the air, could be trusted to care for his passengers and glide them safely through the skies to avoid straying into troubled storms.
Adam and Eve had had the grand privilege of knowing the Lord as a loving Father who not only created them, but also offered them limitless opportunities in a correspondingly unlimited vast territory, where they could freely eat of every tree of the garden except the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden. God was a known Personality whose generosity and large heartedness they had enjoyed. But when it came to deciding who to obey and trust, the duo sided with a total stranger, the devil.
They fell for his weapons of guile and subtlety, which made them believe that God could be wilfully disobeyed without severe consequences. They forsook the tested Lord and went into the kingdom of untried Satan. Their rash act plunged humanity into the torment of sin still ravaging man. They knew the commandment of God but went on to break it the same way many who know His word reject Him to experiment with the strange teachings giving to them.
God’s standards have not changed. Adam and Eve lost fellowship with God and they were cut off from the Source of life. Those living in sin flout heaven’s laws and are dead spiritually, awaiting their final destination in hell if they do not seek salvation through repentance and faith in Jesus Christ.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
He who rejects God’s beckoning runs to Satan’s embrace.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DCLM Daily Manna 16th October 2022 || Tested and Untested