DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 10, 2022 (GOD DEMANDS RIGHTEOUS FAMILIES)
TOPIC : “GOD DEMANDS RIGHTEOUS FAMILIES“
Text: Ephesians 6:1-9
1. Children, obey your parents in the Lord; for this is right.
2. Honour thy father and mother; (which is the first commandment with promise;)
3. That it may be well with thee, and thou mayest live long on the earth.
4. And, ye fathers, provoke not your children to wrath; but bring them up in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
5. Servants, be obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in singleness of your heart, as unto Christ;
6. Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
7. With good will doing service, as to the Lord, and not to men;
8. Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receive of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.
9. And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening; knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him.
KEY VERSE: Ephesians 6:4
Fathers, do not exasperate your children; instead, bring them up in the training and instruction of the Lord.
A little girl was punished for some act of disobedience. Her mother decided that her punishment would be to eat her dinner alone in the corner of the dining table while the rest of the family sit on the other side of the table. As they sat down to eat that night, the family ignored and paid no attention to her until they heard her pray, “I thank Thee, Lord, for preparing a table before me in the presence of my enemies.” She felt so lonely and forsaken.
From the text under consideration, children are commanded to obey and honour their parents. Parents are to bring up their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. They are not to provoke them unto wrath through unscriptural methods of child upbringing. Servants are to obey their masters, whether they are believers or not. Masters (employers) are also commanded to forbear threatening and oppressing their workers, knowing that God is the Master over all and before Him, there is no respect of persons, whether high or low.
Family is very important. It was set up right from the beginning, even before the Church came into being. It is designed as a place of security, peace and love. Child upbringing is supposed to take place in a family of godly parents. Our homes are to be built firmly on Christ the Saviour, with the Bible as the constitution. It is supposed to be a school where children learn godly principles from their parents under an atmosphere that is conducive and devoid of hatred and disharmony.
The devil is waging war against the family today. Many children are wayward due to the influence of alcohol, drug addiction and violent behaviors fueled by the kind of music they listen to and what they watch on TV and the internet. Building up and strengthening godly family is the best solution to the societal problems today.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Build your home; build the world.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Kings 19-20
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.