DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR JUNE 18, 2022 ( END-TIME CHRISTIANITY)
TOPIC : “END-TIME CHRISTIANITY“
Text: Ezekiel 16:44-52
44. Behold, every one that useth proverbs shall use this proverb against thee, saying, As is the mother, so is her daughter.
45. Thou art thy mother’s daughter, that lotheth her husband and her children; and thou art the sister of thy sisters, which lothed their husbands and their children; your mother was an Hittite, and your father an Amorite.
46. And thine elder sister is Samaria, she and her daughters that dwell at thy left hand; and thy younger sister, that dwelleth at thy right hand, is Sodom and her daughters.
47. Yet hast thou not walked after their ways, nor done after their abominations; but, as if that were a very little thing, thou wast corrupted more than they in all thy ways.
48. As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughters.
49. Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom, pride, fulness of bread, and abundance of idleness was in her and in her daughters, neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50. And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me; therefore I took them away as I saw good.
51. Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.
52. Thou also, which hast judged thy sisters, bear thine own shame for thy sins that thou hast committed more abominable than they; they are more righteous than thou; yea, be thou confounded also, and bear thy shame, in that thou hast justified thy sisters.
KEY VERSE: Ezekiel 16:51
“Neither hath Samaria committed half of thy sins; but thou hast multiplied thine abominations more than they, and hast justified thy sisters in all thine abominations which thou hast done.”
Technology has made a lot of impact in the life of modern man. Gone are the days when people walk from one town to the other to transact business. Now, they ride or fly to move around. Inter-continental trips used to take weeks and months. These days one can traverse continents in hours. Technology has made things easy, but has also created more avenues for man to invent and practise more evil.
Prophet Ezekiel, in our text, shows Jerusalem her abominations, by comparing her with well-known bad places. This means that she was worse than any of them, and therefore should, like them, be utterly and irreparably ruined. He calls her a bad mother and one who, compared to her sisters, Samaria and Sodom, was worse off.
The church today is like this Jerusalem that has lost her glory. Whenever Sodom is mentioned, one thinks of immorality and sexual perversion. Even Ezekiel accused her of abundance of idleness and pride. These and more are attributes that one sees in the church today. The advancement of technology has introduced new dimensions of ease making some assemblies to spend more time on “prosperity issues” than on evangelism.
Born again believers must not emulate the practices and systems of the world. Instead, we should always examine our lives to know if we are still on the path that leads to heaven. We must be different because true Christianity abhors corruption and evil. As believers, our light and life should shine forth the transforming power of the glorious gospel.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Sodom had no Bible, but we do; no excuse not to be different!
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1 Thessalonians 1-5
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word