DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR JULY 16, 2022 (UNSPEAKABLE JOY)
TOPIC : UNSPEAKABLE JOY
Text: 1 Peter 1:1-10
1. Peter, an apostle of Jesus Christ, to the strangers scattered throughout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,
2. Elect according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit, unto obedience and sprinkling of the blood of Jesus Christ; Grace unto you, and peace, be multiplied.
3. Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
4. To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you,
5. Who are kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
6. Wherein ye greatly rejoice, though now for a season, if need be, ye are in heaviness through manifold temptations;
7. That the trial of your faith, being much more precious than of gold that perisheth, though it be tried with fire, might be found unto praise and honour and glory at the appearing of Jesus Christ;
8. Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory;
9. Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls.
10. Of which salvation the prophets have enquired and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come unto you;
KEY VERSE: 1 Peter 1:8
“Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see him not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.”
Joy is peace reposing in the victor’s heart. It is the product of goal achieved and solid conviction in the continuity of that rewarding experience. Our coming to Christ and His accepting us into the glorious light of His kingdom triggers off in every believer, the strong feeling of joy, peace and wholeness.
Apostle Peter captured this mood in our passage when he remarked, “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead” (1 Peter 1:3).
We have a great possession – the salvation of our souls. We also have a lively hope – the cherished hope that things can only get better with us. Christ, having secured a sure path for us, we can confidently undertake the race of life without fear, doubt, worry or anxiety.
Our faith in Christ and the truth He has exposed us to are the reasons for our rejoicing. Apostle Peter also reminded us of the effect of this experience, “Receiving the end of your faith, even the salvation of your souls” (1 Peter 1:9). We have obvious reasons to rejoice with unspeakable joy when we realise what Christ has done for us and what heaven holds in store for all who persevere to the end.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Great is the mystery of godliness.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.