DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR FEBRUARY 16, 2022 (INCOMPARABLE GOD!)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 16th February 2022 Is “Incomparable God!“
Text: Exodus 8:1-15
1. And the LORD spake unto Moses, Go unto Pharaoh, and say unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Let my people go, that they may serve me.
2. And if thou refuse to let them go, behold, I will smite all thy borders with frogs;
3. And the river shall bring forth frogs abundantly, which shall go up and come into thine house, and into thy bedchamber, and upon thy bed, and into the house of thy servants, and upon thy people, and into thine ovens, and into thy kneadingtroughs;
4. And the frogs shall come up both on thee, and upon thy people, and upon all thy servants.
5. And the LORD spake unto Moses, Say unto Aaron, Stretch forth thine hand with thy rod over the streams, over the rivers, and over the ponds, and cause frogs to come up upon the land of Egypt.
6. And Aaron stretched out his hand over the waters of Egypt; and the frogs came up, and covered the land of Egypt.
7. And the magicians did so with their enchantments, and brought up frogs upon the land of Egypt.
8. Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron, and said, Intreat the LORD, that he may take away the frogs from me, and from my people; and I will let the people go, that they may do sacrifice unto the LORD.
9. And Moses said unto Pharaoh, Glory over me; when shall I intreat for thee, and for thy servants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogs from thee and thy houses, that they may remain in the river only?
10. And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word; that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.
11. And the frogs shall depart from thee, and from thy houses, and from thy servants, and from thy people; they shall remain in the river only.
12. And Moses and Aaron went out from Pharaoh; and Moses cried unto the LORD because of the frogs which he had brought against Pharaoh.
13. And the LORD did according to the word of Moses; and the frogs died out of the houses, out of the villages, and out of the fields.
14. And they gathered them together upon heaps; and the land stank.
15. But when Pharaoh saw that there was respite, he hardened his heart, and hearkened not unto them; as the LORD had said.
KEY VERSE: Exodus 8:10
“And he said, To morrow. And he said, Be it according to thy word: that thou mayest know that there is none like unto the LORD our God.”
Click here to read yesterday teaching by Pastor Kumuyi
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
Bishop Beveridge gave a wonderful illustration of one of the names by which God chose to call Himself, “I AM”. He does not say, I am their light, their guide, their strength or tower, but only “I AM”. “He sets, as it were, His hands to a blank, that His people may write under it what they pleased that is good to them. As if He should say, Are they weak? I am strength. Are they poor? I am riches. Are they sick? I am health. Are they dying? I am life…”
In the passage under review, Egypt experienced a plague of frogs after Pharaoh refused to release Israel from bondage. In desperation, Pharaoh sent for Moses and Aaron and requested prayers to take the frogs away. Moses informed him that his request was granted according to his word that he might know that there was none like unto the Lord our God.
Sadly, many Christians handle God’s word and promises exactly like Pharaoh. They delay their blessings and answers to prayers because they never appropriate the word of God in their lives or situations.
Faithfulness is one of God’s distinguishing attributes. His nature is to keep His covenant with His children. This is what makes Him an incomparable God. He is faithful in all generations. His faithfulness, therefore, ought to strengthen our faith in Him. He is faithful to save, heal, deliver, give abundant life, break every yoke and keep us until the end. The more we exhibit faith in this incomparable God, the more we will experience His faithfulness in our lives.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Faith in God’s faithfulness always prevails.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Mannais the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…