DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR AUGUST 30, 2022 (THE ONLY TRUE GOSPEL)
TOPIC : THE ONLY TRUE GOSPEL
Text: Galatians 1:1-9
1. Paul, an apostle, (not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father, who raised him from the dead;)
2. And all the brethren which are with me, unto the churches of Galatia;
3. Grace be to you and peace from God the Father, and from our Lord Jesus Chris
4. Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father;
5. To whom be glory for ever and ever. Amen.
6. I marvel that ye are so soon removed from him that called you into the grace of Christ unto another gospel;
7. Which is not another; but there be some that trouble you, and would pervert the gospel of Christ.
8. But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
9. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed.
KEY VERSE: Galatians 1:8
“But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.”.
Charles Spurgeon once said, “the spotless purity of truth must always be at war with the blackness of heresy and lies”. Another minister of God also said, “the most dangerous gospel is the one that looks like the real thing but is not”. The “gospel” which has “a form of godliness but [denies] the power thereof”, the “gospel”, that cannot produce a real transformation of character wherein “old things are passed away (and) all things are become new” is not the gospel of Christ. That kind of “gospel” is fake.
Apostle Paul establishes the truth of his divine calling. He said he was an apostle, “not of men, neither by man, but by Jesus Christ, and God the Father”. He wondered that the Galatian believers were being seduced from Christ soon after their conversion “into another gospel”. He went on to place a great curse on anyone [including himself or an angel from heaven], that will preach any other gospel to them, except the true gospel of Christ that he had preached already to them. It was a sobering declaration.
The gospel of Christ is simple and straightforward. It is “that Christ died for our sins according to the scriptures; And that he was buried, and that he rose again the third day according to the scriptures” (1 Corinthians 15:3,4).
The life-changing gospel leads to true godliness and right relationship with God and eternal life. We must, therefore, take heed “lest any man spoil [us] through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men… and not after Christ. For in him dwelleth… the fulness of the Godhead bodily. And [we] are complete in him” (Colossians 2:8-10).
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Only the gospel of Christ truly changes life and character.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Esther 1 – 5
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.