DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR AUGUST 17, 2022 (EFFECTIVE FOLLOW-UP)
TOPIC : “EFFECTIVE FOLLOW-UP “
Text: Acts 1:1-8
1. The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach,
2. Until the day in which he was taken up, after that he through the Holy Ghost had given commandments unto the apostles whom he had chosen;
3. To whom also he shewed himself alive after his passion by many infallible proofs, being seen of them forty days, and speaking of the things pertaining to the kingdom of God;
4. And, being assembled together with them, commanded them that they should not depart from Jerusalem, but wait for the promise of the Father, which, <span style=”color: #000000;”>saith he, ye have heard of me.
5. For John truly baptized with water; but ye shall be baptized with the Holy Ghost not many days hence.
6. When they therefore were come together, they asked of him, saying, Lord, wilt thou at this time restore again the kingdom to Israel?
7. And he said unto them, It is not for you to know the times or the seasons, which the Father hath put in his own power.
8. But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you; and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.
KEY VERSE: Acts 1:1
“The former treatise have I made, O Theophilus, of all that Jesus began both to do and teach.” .
D.L. Moody said, “It is better to train ten people than to do the work of ten people. But it is harder.” Yes, training people is a hard work, especially when such are adults.
Training new converts was the assignment that Luke decided to undertake when Theophilus became a believer. He is a good example we must emulate.
Luke had earlier written the gospel of Luke to inform Theophilus about the life and ministry of the Lord Jesus. Now, he writes an update, chronicling the story of the early church to this same convert. He told him about the appearances of Jesus to the disciples after resurrection and how He prepared them for evangelism through the power of the Holy Ghost. He made them to recognise the need to pray and trust God while carrying out their assignment.
There is a great need for effective follow-up of converts today. Our follow-up can be done by personal contact (making telephone and video calls). It can also be done by personal prayer, personal representatives (sending people to visit them) and personal correspondence (writing to them). All these methods are employed to encourage, teach and guide the new converts in their new faith.
Effective follow-up is a necessity for young converts. Whatever means is available to us, we must use it to effectively follow-up our new converts. This work demands a price in money, time, prayer and discipline, but the results are eternally rewarding.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Effective follow-up is essential if evangelism will be fruitful.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Job 31 – 34
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word.