DCLM DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR APRIL 1, 2022 (THANK HIM ALWAYS)
The Topic of Deeper Life Daily Manna Devotional for 1st April 2022 Is “THANK HIM ALWAYS“
Text: Psalm 111:1-10
1. Praise ye the LORD. I will praise the LORD with my whole heart, in the assembly of the upright, and in the congregation.
2. The works of the LORD are great, sought out of all them that have pleasure therein.
3. His work is honourable and glorious; and his righteousness endureth for ever.
4. He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered; the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
5. He hath given meat unto them that fear him; he will ever be mindful of his covenant.
6. He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
7. The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
8. They stand fast for ever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
9. He sent redemption unto his people; he hath commanded his covenant for ever; holy and reverend is his name.
10. The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; a good understanding have all they that do his commandments; his praise endureth for ever.
KEY VERSE: Psalm 111:9
“He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant for ever: holy and reverend is his name.”
DAILY MANNA FOR TODAY
The first United States president, George Washington, proclaimed Thursday the 26th of November, 1789, a day of ‘public thanksgiving and prayer’ devoted to the service of God, the beneficent Author of all the good that was, that is, or that will be.
The psalmist also recommends that the entire assembly of the upright give praise and thanksgiving to God for a number of reasons. Firstly, for the beauty of nature, which is referred to in the text as the work of God. His work is honourable and glorious. Secondly, for His graciousness and compassion on His people and provision through bountiful harvest. There is also redemption of His people, Israel and His name, which is holy and reverend. The word “reverend” is used only in this passage in verse 9 in the entire King James Version of the Bible and it is in reference to God Himself.
When we fail to acknowledge and recognise the goodness of God, we become lost. The United States and most of Europe had God in their foundations. The founding fathers and the framers of their earliest constitutions all acknowledged His benevolence and mercies towards them. And the earliest laws and constitutions of most countries of the world are rooted in the Bible. Unfortunately, a new generation has sprung up, who are clamouring for the removal of God from their lives.
The increase in crime today, especially among young people, has a direct correlation with the removal of God from government and the people. We must return to God for healing and progress, and remember to thank Him always.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
Gratefully acknowledge God’s goodness with the whole heart.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More