DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 30, 2021 (THE GREATEST PARTY EVER)
Topic: “ THE GREATEST PARTY EVER“
TEXT: Revelation 19: 6-10
6. And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia; for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth.
7. Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him; for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready.
8. And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white; for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints.
9. And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.
10. And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not; I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus; worship God; for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.
Key Verse: Revelation 19:9
“And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Preparing for banquets in the world takes so much out of people. Special dresses have to be acquired, the list of guests is carefully drawn up and huge financial resources go into providing food, drinks and general entertainment. Many consider it a great accomplishment to successfully host such a party. They go through so much trouble to host parties but are not prepared to take part in the greatest party ever.
Great event is the “marriage supper of the Lamb”; it is the occasion through which the Lord Jesus Christ will host the Church – all believers that ever lived on earth in all generations. It will be ushered in by a vast crowd of worshippers and a mighty choir, praising and worshipping God. The ceremony is described as the marriage of Christ to His bride, the Church. It will be the most joyful occasion to the host of heaven and to the multitude of believers that will be qualified to attend.
The bride is described as being attired “in fine linen, clean and white”, portraying the life of righteousness and holiness led by believers while on earth. Although many will be unprepared to meet Christ, some will in fact, be found ready. It will, therefore, be the greatest honour and privilege for anyone to be invited to that banquet.
The best part for believers is that Christ has provided all we need to be eligible to attend the great banquet. No one should disqualify himself by thinking he does not have what it takes to attract the heavenly invitation. All we need to do is to turn away from all forms of sinful conduct, embrace Christ as our Lord and Saviour, live righteously and depend on the grace of God to keep us ready for His imminent return to take us home.
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY:
A great feast is coming; we must not miss it.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daily Mannais the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…