DCLM DAILY MANNA DAILY DEVOTIONAL FOR NOVEMBER 22, 2021 (WILL YOU LISTEN?)
Topic: “Will You Listen?“
TEXT: Jeremiah 6:9-17
9. Thus saith the LORD of hosts, They shall throughly glean the remnant of Israel as a vine; turn back thine hand as a grapegatherer into the baskets.
10. To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken; behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.
11. Therefore I am full of the fury of the LORD; I am weary with holding in; I will pour it out upon the children abroad, and upon the assembly of young men together; for even the husband with the wife shall be taken, the aged with him that is full of days.
12. And their houses shall be turned unto others, with their fields and wives together; for I will stretch out my hand upon the inhabitants of the land, saith the LORD.
13. For from the least of them even unto the greatest of them every one is given to covetousness; and from the prophet even unto the priest every one dealeth falsely.
14. They have healed also the hurt of the daughter of my people slightly, saying, Peace, peace; when there is no peace.
15. Were they ashamed when they had committed abomination? nay, they were not at all ashamed, neither could they blush; therefore they shall fall among them that fall; at the time that I visit them they shall be cast down, saith the LORD.
16. Thus saith the LORD, Stand ye in the ways, and see, and ask for the old paths, where is the good way, and walk therein, and ye shall find rest for your souls. But they said, We will not walk therein.
17. Also I set watchmen over you, saying, Hearken to the sound of the trumpet. But they said, We will not hearken.
Key Verse: Jeremiah 6:10
“To whom shall I speak, and give warning, that they may hear? behold, their ear is uncircumcised, and they cannot hearken: behold, the word of the LORD is unto them a reproach; they have no delight in it.”
DAILY MANNA DEVOTIONAL FOR TODAY
Every advertisement on cigarette always ends with the warning note: “Smokers are liable to die young”. Despite this, millions of people still ignore the caution and move on with their smoking habit. Since they choose to damn the warnings, the consequences of their actions eventually damn them. The prophet Jeremiah was disturbed by the deliberate decisions of the people of Judah not to pay attention to the warnings from God.
He had been sending them warnings regarding the impending judgment to come upon them because of their sinful acts and atrocities. Since they chose not to listen to the warnings from God but preferred the flatteries and lies of their false prophets and deceivers, there was no way they would escape God’s judgment. It is equally disturbing that we have so many people in the church with this stubborn and very adamant spirit like the people in Jeremiah’s day. In spite of the clear and straight forward teachings of the word of God condemning all forms of ungodly lifestyles, we still find them holding on to these lifestyles. They seem to have deliberately tuned their minds off the words of God.
They ignore the old path of righteousness and holiness set up by God and prefer all forms of perversion, ungodliness and worldly lifestyle. They care less about the judgment of God or consider it as false. Unfortunately, there are so many preachers and ministers by their messages and lifestyles promote these evil practices. We must note that people’s refusal to believe and accept the word of God does not change its authenticity. It will not also avert or stop the judgment from coming. If you stubbornly refuse to accept the word of God and pattern your life after His standard, you will be sure to face His judgment. To escape it, listen and take heed today!
THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Don’t reject warnings meant for your good.
THE BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 39-42
Daily Manna is the daily devotional of the Deeper Christian Life Bible Ministry (DCLM). It is an extraction of God’s Word designed to draw the sincere seeker closer to God on a daily basis through an insightful exposition and analysis of God’s Word. Read More…